throtle problems a15 with sidedraught dellortos

all your DIY needs
project_1200_ute
Datsun Dreamer

throtle problems a15 with sidedraught dellortos

Post by project_1200_ute »

hay there was just after sum advice ive got my a15 in my 1200 ute all but running just cant sus out how to run the dellortos off the throttle cable?
surely this has been done before?
i see the throttle on the dellortos pulls in different direction so u hav to run the cable under and around is the factory cable long enough?
a mate of a mate showed me his and he had a bracket run off the rocker cover but i dunno if this would work that was in a 120y?
do you have to get a longer cable or some kind of throttle wheel? looks like cable would pull on the manifold?

and also i had heard those twin sidedraught linkage kitts were a waste of time and more just used for ministocks? but can they work?

any help id be stoaked with so it can be running for the w.e?
Dattodevil
Datsun Addict
aka: Damo

Re: throtle problems a15 with sidedraught dellortos

Post by Dattodevil »

Ideally you should run a "centre pull" it is less likely to go "out of tune" then. Unfortunately there are different manifolds so no one idea works for them all, but the last one I did, I used the cable pull off the A series carb and welded it to the dellorto linkage arm.
project_1200_ute
Datsun Dreamer

oh sweet thats a bit of insite i was gona run it center pull as ive got the dellorto throttle arms linked together and that one problem ive got is the throttle shafts are hitting as carbs are pretty close together and valves are lagging a bit but that just needs a file or to run a cut off wheel through!
just the standard cable has buger all length and dusnt quite seem long enuf or only just to go under the manifold nd looks like it would grab on the manifold or not pull freely?
i did look @ the linkages on my a12 carb the throttle wheel on it looks like itd be the go so it clears the manifold but thats gona take out some lenghth so stil unsure really?
Dattodevil
Datsun Addict
aka: Damo

Post by Dattodevil »

I had to get my throttle cable extended, but didn't need to on another setup I did, it really depends on the manifold you have.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Safe R brakes can make you a longer cable.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
project_1200_ute
Datsun Dreamer

sweet mainly sorted ive just had 80mm put in the cable and managed to cut and attach a12 carb throttle wheel to carbs i just need to make a wee bracket to hold the cable sleeve which il bolt to one on the manifold bolts thanks for everyones help i just have one last problem b4 she runs and thats with the electronic dizzy il post another topic now