where to get blocks of alloy?

all else goes here...
2 doors
Datsun God

Re: where to get blocks of alloy?

Post by 2 doors »

or pop down to the datsun garage and get it fabbed, nick could cut the flanges and I could put it together
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

fair call nick, i might let him know that. he drew up the plans with the hopes of making something that will bolt the supercharger directly to the inlet manifold
dirtyleppa
Datsun God

Post by dirtyleppa »

here is what we are after.

are you able to weld alloy wal? if so, i will be in touch
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

yep can weld alloy
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

I have a mate who works at A1 Radiators who could TIG that up for you. There would be quite a bit of work in making that though. Let me know if you want his number.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
nztomcat

Post by nztomcat »

Just a hint.

You dotn wanna go buying illoy billet blocks for something like that they are horoundously expensive and its not what you need anyway.

I would say theres 5 hours work in machining that by the time it was drawn up asigned cam details set and machined. i wouldnt count on having any change from 1200 all up.

Your better off to get flanges cut out. Find someone with a cnc mill or conventional mill to do this. Its going to be cheaper than getting it done on a waterjet or anything like that.
Use 3mm or 4mm flat sheet on your walls and have it fabbed there would only b 4 hours in total. Should be looking at 500 to have it all fabbed up and done for you.

If you run into any hassles drop me some details and I'll do you a price i can put it through a cnc etc here and do it.

Do you know anything about all your flow rates and dimension relations etc as this will affect how well it works etc remember efficency is what your after
dirtyleppa
Datsun God

Post by dirtyleppa »

im not too sure about flow rates and dimensions and what not. the billet idea was just a look at something different but after seeing the price of alloy, that went in the scrap bin.