Nick 1200 sedan Race car - Shit this things needs finishing

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Blair
Datsun Nutter

Re: Nick 1200 sedan

Post by Blair »

nick_m wrote:standard 1200 one and weld on the pedal instead of having the nasty floor hinging jobbie
Or use a B310 pedal set up. One in the shed if you need it.
Bartman wrote:How can you tell if Blair is annoyed at someone? He's breathing. lol
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
nick_m
Datsun Master
aka: Nick m

Post by nick_m »

Yeah, won't say no, dead keen actually. might even be bolt on?
When you coming up next? I'll catch up with you
Blair
Datsun Nutter

Post by Blair »

Nah it wont bolt straight up, but from what I have played around with it will work. Just need to get in the position you want and screw it onto the wheel well/fire wall, kinda were the STD B210/B310 one is mounted.

Im not coming up to CHCH for awhile now, as I am due to have another op and it will put me out of action for about 6-8 weeks. I will dig it out and give it to either Kitch or Simon and they can give it to you at Akaroa.
Last edited by Blair on Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bartman wrote:How can you tell if Blair is annoyed at someone? He's breathing. lol
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
z181200
Datsun Mad

Post by z181200 »

Sweet shifter i need one of those too.
nick_m
Datsun Master

Post by nick_m »

it was pretty easy to make. Got a bit of tube from work 16mm od and I think 12 ID. Put a long m10 bolt up the guts of it and bent it in the vice with a big bit of bar on one end. The bolt was big enough to stop it collapsing to much but small enough that I could still tap it out from the other end. Then I used part of the of the original stick I cut off that has the bend in it and turned it round to 's' it back the other way with a bolt with the head cut off welded on top.

Feels way better although now 4th is pretty much straight up and down which is a little wierd at first but its now in a WAY more comfortable position from the race seat than it was also puts it up a nice distance from steering wheel too

I can bash one up for you if needed
nick_m
Datsun Master

Post by nick_m »

Blair wrote:Nah it wont bolt straight up, but from what I have played around with it will work. Just need to get in the position you want and screw it onto the wheel well/fire wall, kinda were the STD B210/B310 one is mounted.

Im not coming up to CHCH for awhile now, as I am due to have another op and it will put me out of action for about 6-8 weeks. I will dig it out and give it to either Kitch or Simon and they can give it to you at Akaroa.
OK cool thanks Blair, text me if you want sorting out for it. Hope the Recovery goes well!
nick_m
Datsun Master

Post by nick_m »

OH HAI

skdmrx
Financial Member

Post by skdmrx »

Youve got a thing for reconverting rear ends don't you.First you sucker me into doing it now your changing yours.Looks good dude
"You make onry one car style!!"
I felt particularly exhausted all my sheet is not subjective
crustywhip
Datsun Addict
aka: Kane

Post by crustywhip »

Whats lurking back there :popcorn:
Current whips: 1976 120y datsun van-1977 JZX31 toyopet markII coupe-1984 Toyota markII supercharged -Yamaharley XV 500
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Now you MUST go irs and fit huuuuge tubs too nick!
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............