my 'new' p810 180b wagon - link to pics included

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
kh82

my 'new' p810 180b wagon - link to pics included

Post by kh82 »

hi there,

i bought this off trademe yesterday, the car and myself now reside on sunny waiheke island (and it's the only 180b wagon on the island from what i know - it's also the only 180b wagon i saw on my travels from manukau (where i bought it) to glenfield (to visit my friends old boss (Diehls Bakery) to pick up some baking supplies for the bakery here (Baked on Waiheke aka Dereks' European Breads) then to half moon bay on the ferry back over.

the girl i am wooing liked the car, everyone who sees it seems to like it. even my mum said it has class (that modern cars don't have).

i know now that luke on this forum used to own the 180b before he sold it to ben (who i subsequently purchased it off).

any help on fixing the dent in the rear tailgate and also figuring out why the gearshift is like mixing a really tough dough would be much appreciated,

kind regards,

kieron

link to pics (taken 22/11/11 on church bay rd, waiheke island):

http://s1088.photobucket.com/albums/i340/kh823/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Re: my 'new' p810 180b wagon - link to pics included

Post by classicdat »

Gear shift optional extra, comes std with the Km's, N.B. always start the car with foot on the clutch!
Last edited by classicdat on Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Datsuns from A to Zed
kh82

Post by kh82 »

lol re the gearshift being an optional extra for the dough...i don't like driving autos as am too used to manuals, but would you have any idea why the gear shifts would be really tough? i've checked the fluids and they seem fine, not sure if it's the selectors or something else...
torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Post by torqued »

Change the gearbox oil replacing with DexIII
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."
crustywhip
Datsun Addict
aka: Kane

Post by crustywhip »

Welcome homie, I thought the link was Waiheke island but its great barrier island. A panel beater will be able to remove that ding.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7vYloQYjcU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Current whips: 1976 120y datsun van-1977 JZX31 toyopet markII coupe-1984 Toyota markII supercharged -Yamaharley XV 500
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

kh82 wrote:hi there,

i bought this off trademe yesterday, the car and myself now reside on sunny waiheke island (and it's the only 180b wagon on the island from what i know - it's also the only 180b wagon i saw on my travels from manukau (where i bought it) to glenfield (to visit my friends old boss (Diehls Bakery) to pick up some baking supplies for the bakery here (Baked on Waiheke aka Dereks' European Breads) then to half moon bay on the ferry back over.

the girl i am wooing liked the car, everyone who sees it seems to like it. even my mum said it has class (that modern cars don't have).

i know now that luke on this forum used to own the 180b before he sold it to ben (who i subsequently purchased it off).

any help on fixing the dent in the rear tailgate and also figuring out why the gearshift is like mixing a really tough dough would be much appreciated,

kind regards,

kieron

link to pics (taken 22/11/11 on church bay rd, waiheke island):

http://s1088.photobucket.com/albums/i340/kh823/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hello and welcome, most people on here are male, so we dont know what its like to mix a really tough dough :lol: we eat the bread not make it. could be a clutch issue? not traveling enough to fully engage clutch, and making gear selection difficult
kh82

Post by kh82 »

torqued wrote:Change the gearbox oil replacing with DexIII
i presume DexIII means Dextron 3? just checking before i put something unsuitable in there...
torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Post by torqued »

yea Dextron3 ATF fluid.
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."