B310 Coupe Bumpers wanted

Need a new Datsun? or some parts to help your project?
LloydGleeson

B310 Coupe Bumpers wanted

Post by LloydGleeson »

Hi all - I've been looking for a set of bumpers for my 1978 B310 SGX coupe and have been told about this site and how helpful everyone is. My Sunny is in real good original condition - spoiled by the bent/rusty bumpers. (The end rubbers aren't too bad though.) Before spending big bucks getting them straightened and rechromed, I thought I'd see if any of you might help me find replacements in good shape. Cheers.
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Re: B310 Coupe Bumpers wanted

Post by classicdat »

Hi Lloyd, welcome aboard, as you are new here you probably won't be aware of the members rides section, and thus being the case won't have posted pics and a little story about your car, please feel free to or reply here with the year and model for your car, this will help identify which bumpers you are after.
Great to hear of another 310 surviving and being loved.
Really would love to read about it and yourself and see some pics.
Datsuns from A to Zed
Flauski
Financial Member

Post by Flauski »

Yes Lloyd, you must put some pictures up of your car! Glad you came to check the site out.
LloydGleeson

Post by LloydGleeson »

Hey thanks for the welcome guys! I nearly bought a dark blue 1200 coupe a couple of years ago here in NP. A real tidy one, but with 4 kids I needed a coupe about as much as I needed a chocolate teapot! (Bought a Mk11 Cortina 1600 wagon instead but that's another story). Last year I saw this green 1978 Sunny 140Y SGX on TradeMe. Genuine one owner, 69,000ks! So I bought it ...and it's a cracker! One of the last round-headlight ones with the 5-speed (dogleg), and totally original.
I'll get some photos posted - as soon as I get my camera back. Left it at my daughters place last time I visited!
LloydGleeson

Post by LloydGleeson »

Hi - just tried posting a photo but after 20 min whilst it uploaded one pixel at a time I gave up! So what did I do wrong? (It wasn't THAT big a file...)
Ended up getting my old bumpers straightened and rechromed. Looks good.