Stock 1978 A12 auto sunny

Sell stuff
nick_m
Datsun Master
aka: Nick m

Stock 1978 A12 auto sunny

Post by nick_m »

Just thought i’d put it out there, i’m looking at getting rid of the sunny and was just wondering if there was any interest out there
Its a stock as a rock 78 round headlight A12 auto. I’m the 3rd owner (maybe 4th) awesome daily/cruiser “apparently” its only got 160ks on it, the history seems to suggest that but I suspect it could easily be 260k either way apart from the valve stem seals its stupidily reliable and runs faultlessly
Car has a fresh WOF a couple of weeks ago. Rego due at end of month
Has two new front tyres last wof. Has never given me any major problems with WOF’s. I’ve put Three wofs on it failed all three first up. The First one it failed on a rust patch which I knew it would fail on when I brought it, Fixed that and have never had any comments about rust since. 2nd WOF failed on draglink, replaced that also have the original one to go with car if you want to get it reconditioned. Last WOF it failed on a tyre. So its all been pretty minor stuff and its all been easily fixed which is pretty good for a 35 year old car!
It starts first pop every morning no matter how cold it is. It really has been one of the most reliable cars i’ve had.
Replaced all ignition parts including leads and gave it a full service about a year ago ( 30,000kms). Other than that i’ve just given it oil and filter changes since
Oh actually i replaced the alternator after that got grumpy too about 4 months after getting it. No issues since. Still have the old one the owner can take if they want to get it reconditioned.

Downsides
It had a leaking windscreen seal at some point before i owned it (doesn’t leak anymore) and the passenger footwell carpet rotted so they cut it out and sat a square of very 70’s house carpet in its place.
The valve stem seals are a bit poked and probably due for replacement. It gives a nice puff on start up and burns a little oil as a result. Its never even been commented on in the last three WOF’s. Could replace them if an interested purchaser didn’t mind waiting till I have the time (i’ve ignored it for 18 months so far though!)
It also only has three hubcaps now because one came off when i was travelling down brougham street the other day and it got eaten by the party bus that was following in the lane beside me.
The sheep skin front seat covers are pretty worn!
Rear seat is a bit grubby and has a couple tears in the cloth. May clean out?
Few granny dings
Paints not too bad for 35 years old, the bonnets paint is starting to crack a little

Over all its a very tidy 35 year old sunny
At this stage I’d be looking at $2500 but am definitely open to offers.

photo's here: http://www.datsun.co.nz/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5954" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;