1976 datsun 240k FOR SALE

Sell stuff
datsun240k1976

1976 datsun 240k FOR SALE

Post by datsun240k1976 »

Hi there I have a Datsun 240k For sale on trademe, they are getting very hard to come by these days, please feel free to contact me on 021-205-3485 if you're interested, I am open to offers and viewing is welcome:

Also any info on this model and year of 240k would be very helpful as I know they are had to find and rare , im wondering how many are left in nz and what sort of price is a good selling price,

the following link is to my Trademe Advertisment:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-ca ... 108874.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks
Flauski
Financial Member

Re: 1976 datsun 240k FOR SALE

Post by Flauski »

There are at least 12 around NZ I know of without thinking about it too hard. There must be quite a few more unknowns hidden away.

There was one that was for sale on here last week (1st person who said they would buy it fucked it for everyone cause he dicked around) and now its no longer for sale.

To be honest , judging by photos it was substantially tidier than yours and it ran, it would have sold for $6k.

Its crazy to think how the value of these cars has shot up exceptionally fast. I bought mine in 2008 for a princely sum of $2000.

Mine was relatively tidy(rust coming though, poo repaint job, mint interior, all trim) and had wof/reg when I bought it.

I know of one other that was tidier than mine unrestored, and that person has one hell of a collection inc a C10 sedan 8-)

Its actually harder finding parts. Good luck getting trim or bumpers. They fetch stupid money overseas.

Good luck with the sale, I hop you get what you are asking! (its good for me cause I have one too.)
Flauski
Financial Member

Post by Flauski »

owner has dropped price significantly - was 7K now 4K for those interested
torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Post by torqued »

Interested to see how truthful this is
kempyyy wrote:240k in auckland has rusted out holes in chassis fire wall. open the boot u can see the ground :cry:
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."
maddat1
Financial Member

Post by maddat1 »

i went and saw the car on sat and offered him in 3 figures.lots n lots of work is needed to bring it back to the way it should be.can be a good donor car.3k drop is a lot....
Spanners

Post by Spanners »

Hi Im new to the forum, I have seen this car in person too and I can confirm its severity. Its not going to see the road again sadly. Ive been searching for a decent one on yahoo but local is always easier. Flauski Where is this other one you speak of thats not for sale any more. Is the listing still on here?
Flauski
Financial Member

Post by Flauski »

The one I mentioned is not for sale anymore, so its not on here anymore. I won't be giving any more details.

To be honest you are dreaming if you think you will get one off Yahoo. They fetch much higher prices on there, an ACTUAL mint one will set you back over 50K. Cheaper ones may be sold as mint the Japanese version of a 'mint' car is one that has a tidy new paint job, and looks good on the outside. Underneath the new paint they are full of rust. I know plenty of people that have been stung importing older Japanese tin.

The problem with non original paint on these is the horrors that can lurk beneath. Just ask Kyteler (who also owns one.)

The other problem is these were the ugly duckling a few years ago, no one gave a shit about them when they came out - big , heavy, expensive. Not the easiest sell , a 6 cylinder Grand Tourer in the middle of an oil crisis in the 70's.

Like all Datsuns, they harbour rust, and because they were expensive, and considered ugly the following apply:

a) not many in NZ
b) ones that remain have not really been cared for like some 1200s and 240Zs etc have been kept.

As someone on here has said before, rust is like an iceberg. Just because you see a hole on the outside, you have no idea how far it goes underneath.

I have seen enough 240Ks and owned three myself including the rustiest one in NZ, so I know they rust worst in the following places:

Rear roof seam
Bottom of front and rear guards
Front and rear windscreens
Inside seam of panel underneath rear quarter windows on coupes (hidden underneath rear door cards)

Unless I was good enough at fixing rust myself, I would not bother.

I just struck it real real lucky when I found mine. It is irreplacable. 8-)
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

ok..... serious question, what would one be worth finished, compared to a 240z for example, the rust issue does not phase me, however im not fussed on the shape of the thing, but given that it could be swapped for a z later down the track ?????, im interested .
Spanners

Post by Spanners »

Thanks for some useful info mate. But just because Im new on the forum it doesn't mean Im new to the classic car / restoration scene. I know all too well about the quality of the work the japanese do and importing cars. Also well aware of how rust works. As I told the owner the rust thats visible is only whats on the surface. The skins and inner structure underneath is all rotten through as well. And with a car thats been repainted like that, its one of those cars where you start pulling back the paint and you find more and more shit.
You seem like a very knowledgeable man in the classic Datsun Nissan scene, (beautiful C110 you have there too) Would you happen to know how many C10s are lurking in NZ? Thanks bud
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

hey spanner could you list the actual rust you can remember off the top of your head, i guess you are talikng about the roof hole that is visible, but keen to get a mental picture on the rest.