Akaroa Weekend

all else goes here...
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Akaroa Weekend

Post by Dattochriswagon »

Hi,
I know im gonna cop some shit for this, However im not gonna sit back.
This club has a committee and im sure your all busy but come on where are the details for the Akaroa Weekend. Out of town folk and for the matter locals would like to see some details on whats in store for the weekend. We have had this cruise every year for well over 6 now. Surely we can have a cruise thread started earlier than a month out from the big event.
I can see the thread has been started but no details. Had it not been locked i wouldve started the thread my self like ive done previous years.
This also happened the same for the Hanmer Cruise. A few weeks out from the cruise a thread was started,After the accomadation thread.How are we to expect national attendants at these cruises if we cant give them something to be excited about months in advance so they can get time off work.book cheep ferrys.razzle up passengers.
This is the kinda business that makes me want to rejoin the comittee and get shit sorted.
As far as i can see Vaughn deserves a big pat on the back for sorting the track day.
Also this is not a personal dig at anyone . Just wanna see some results.

Thanks for listening
Chris
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Re: Akaroa Weekend

Post by classicdat »

Chris
Thank you for your diligence, yes the info is coming, maybe ideally it could have been up in it's own thread, not just on the calender, by now, as you can see this is in process.
The member usually responsible for this is on leave currently so it has fallen to the other more mortals of us to get it done. Please bear with us and it will get up, the thread has been created as you have pointed out, so dates are available and the events are getting tied together.
The goal is to have many events around the Nationals with Akaroa as the centre of it, the track day is one of these initiative, get out and support these initiatives and the momentum will grow :)
I look forward to catching up with everyone at the Dyno day on Saturday, should be a good opportunity for the community to get together, and big ups to Nick for organising this.
Datsuns from A to Zed
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Post by Dattochriswagon »

Thanks Vaughn. Like i said im aware everyone is working hard it just that before we even had a comittee it was more organised than this. We started the akaroa thread a month or two after the last one. There would be pages and pages of banter relating to getting cars ready for and winding up the out of towners about the good times they are missing out on if they dont come to it. Now all i can see is a couple of out of towners that are interested in coming. With a few of the guys the make the pilgramage every year opting out this year. A true shame to see these guys not coming back .
And yeah it will be good to catch up at the Dyno day that nick has worked hard at getting together.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

The thread is up. http://www.nzdatsun.com/forums/viewtopi ... =12&t=3934" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It has taken longer to get it up than would have been ideal. Life has been very busy.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
nzdatman
Financial Member

Post by nzdatman »

Bartman wrote: It has taken longer to get it up than would have been ideal. Life has been very busy.
If you'd taken longer to get it up nine months ago maybe life wouldn't be so busy now though aye ;)
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Hahaha 12 months ago today actually. ;)
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............