does anyone have 1200 ute driveshafts? & head issues?

all your DIY needs
project_1200_ute
Datsun Dreamer

does anyone have 1200 ute driveshafts? & head issues?

Post by project_1200_ute »

hay there ive just been putting a a15 into my standard a12 datsun roadstar ute and for whatever reason my driveshaft is now too short it may have been shortened @ sum stage just wondering if anyone has any driveshafts about to let me try and possibly buy?

also the other only thing stopping me from getting it running is i want to run sidedraughts but have been told i cant get a manifold for it as my engine is from a c20 van and they have different heads? so does any1 no wea i can get a manifold for it from or does anyone have a oval port datsun a15 head i could buy?[/color][/color] :pc:

this is wot i feel like un-co using a computer so get back to me on 0273131689 if its easier?

also whos best to go to in christchurch to get some extractors made up? or can ya stil get ahold of new sets?
grant76
Datsun Nutter

Re: does anyone have 1200 ute driveshafts? & head issues?

Post by grant76 »

i've put other manifolds on c20 van heads and have had no problem.Coby makes new extractors for 1200/1500 here in hamilton
torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Post by torqued »

I always have head issues...seems to have stopped happening since i got married...
but thats a topic best saved for another day
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."
mint16
Financial Member
aka: Brendan

Post by mint16 »

you can get extractors new to suit sidedraught carbs, such as the coby d2.

ive got an a15 and 5spd in my 1200 ute, and i still use the standard driveshaft without any issues.
have you mounted your a15 using the original engine block brackets off the a12? what gearbox are you using?
not sure why youre having driveshaft issues if your 1200 ute was standard when you got it.

c20/c22 a15 heads are almost identical to sunny b310 a15 heads, ive only noticed a difference in the number of coolant galleries for the inlet manifold, which is nothing to worry about.
early c20 a15s have the same inlet manifold as sunny b310 a15s, later model c22 a15s have a inlet manifold that drops down lower so the carb/airbox clears the seat.
c22 a15s also have a black rocker cover with an angled top.

whoevers telling you there isnt a manifold available is full of shit.
best option is for you to get in touch with redline over in aussie and request an a14/a15 oval port sidedraught manifold and linkage kit, and youll get exactly what you need 8-)
72 Datsun 1200 Wagon
86 Toyota AE85 Trueno 4AGE ITB
project_1200_ute
Datsun Dreamer

Post by project_1200_ute »

driveshaft in my ute wasnt standard it had been modified either for diff or sadan gearbox im not sure what either diff or gearbox are @ this stage its all just hairsay as how i brought it off new nothing either may have to try a standard tail shaft of the driveshaft if i kan find one otherwise get one made up or lengthend

i have tryed a a15 sidedraught manifold and it didnt fitt ports wure the same but it bolted up differently and wouldnt work may need to swap the head with either the earlier model van or sadan head.

how do i get ahold of redline anyways? whats the web address or number? il see what they have to say?
Dattodevil
Datsun Addict
aka: Damo

Post by Dattodevil »

I can get redline stuff for you.