Re: Nick 1200 sedan

Post by 2 doors »

good work nick, looks like its coming together nicely
nick_m
Datsun Master
aka: Nick m

Post by nick_m »

well I've still been tooling round with this fuel tank, I've had a lazy couple of weeks but with akaroa coming up and the resultant garage day I thought I better have something to show for it!
So the first thing was to weld in the floor, this was pretty hassle free took me about 3 hours all up to get it all done and welded in, I folded the sheet up at work on the folders so I could actually get a decent fold line instead of the beaten in the vice with a hammer look.

I also tacked up the fuel filler, Its all final welded now but no pics of that but you get the gist

also modified the the cradle (got this free from mr president, legend) as it didn't quite sit low enough in the tank

And as of tonight its more or less finished, Need to clean back the welds and drill some mount holes in the angle, Also need to added some handles to make it easier to get in and out. Need to pick up some nice thick gasket paper, maybe even that cork sort of stuff to make a gasket for under the cradle and need to get in to para rubber and get some seal to go between the tank and the frame. But thats stuff I can do during the week that doesn't stop me moving onto other parts of the project.

So with the wife off relaxing in Hamner for the weekend I plan on camping out in the garage so hopefully I can get my fuel lines and filter run and mounted, there is a heap of welds to dress in the boot and maybe even por 15 the inside and underneath of the boot floor if the weather fines up a bit on sunday. So fingers crossed for a productive weekend.
Brnwgn
Financial Member
aka: Hayden

Post by Brnwgn »

looking good Nick cant wait to see her!!
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

cool, your really getting some skills,tank looks awesome. next years going to see an abundance of new cars on the road, just imagine what that will look like when we all get together, especially when they will be of this sort of caliber.
keep up the top work. :popcorn:
nick_m
Datsun Master

Post by nick_m »

I know I can't wait, its going to be awesome when we can all cruise out somewhere have a barbie do whatever, all in convoy!
Hopefully I can get mine running before the end of summer, that would be sweet.
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

very nice work nick ;)
nick_m
Datsun Master

Post by nick_m »

Just to summarise today

-Running fuel lines licks balls
- Remember to bring home P clips to secure fuel line as you go. Tape doesn't work.
- it would be much easier if motor and gearbox were removed and car was higher than just on axle stands.
- running fuel lines licks balls

So I acheived fuck all realy so i'm going to go drink beer now.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Fuel line running does indeed suck the sweat off a dead dog's balls.
I ran a new 3/8 line on the 1200, and I ran out of swear words because I uttered so many of them.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
nick_m
Datsun Master

Post by nick_m »

Same I don't think I've ever got so wound up working up the datsun before anyway
Anyway off to drink piss in the sun