Cams 1200 Sedan

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
detdat
aka: Cam

Re: Cams 1200 Sedan

Post by detdat »

crustywhip wrote:You are in Wanganui? Il be coming for work in the next few weeks. Be keen to see this if you around. I l have my wagon and good to see another north island car.
Hey, just moved down to Wellington last week, but left the 12 hundy back in Wanganui. If I go back to Wanganui, it will be on a weekend. But I do plan on bringing it down for the old week now and again. So could catch up then
Bezman

Post by Bezman »

love it, i have almost the same setup in my 1200 sedan.. loving the white with the bronze wheels.. clean sedan :dance:
dan1200sss
Datsun Driver

Post by dan1200sss »

Epic 1200 bro, looks aewsome! Cast-iron blocks are where it's at
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Loving this wee car, very nice
detdat wrote:Thanks for the positive comments, I'm keen to bring it out for a datsun cruise this year!
How about Kaikoura, just jump on the Ferry, bring a couple of mates to help with fuel, see you there on the 19th!
http://www.nzdatsun.com/forums/viewtopi ... =12&t=2892" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Datsuns from A to Zed
detdat

Post by detdat »

Well after running highish boost on a stock engine something had to give.....

This happened while I was getting the engine tune sorted for the Nats in January. Was setting up the closed loop boost control and I think I had one too many boost spikes! So it's taken me a few weekends to get the block apart but the damage has been kept to a minimal.

I've got a set of pistons,rods,arp bolts and gasket on order so thats the bottom end sorted.

The 8port head is going to be ported to a 4 port with some supertech valve's , springs etc. Some new cams to with that and slightly bigger turbo!

My target it is to having running for powercruise this year, is been 7 months with no datto! - Having some serious boost withdraws!
Watch this space!
Cheers
Cam
hsepwr
Datsun Nutter
aka: Craig

Post by hsepwr »

I feel ya pain mate, sounds like its gunna be a pretty sweet motor after the build though.
I REAKON THE WORD CANT MEANS CANT BE FU%&#CKED
torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Post by torqued »

Not sure why i never seen this thread before, but really liking that engine bay.
Anymore photos of the car?
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."
detdat

Post by detdat »

Thought it was time I uploaded some pics of my engine build.

Was a fun process rebuilding the CA, didn't do as much as I initially planned as I found out how quickly money disappears when building engines :(

What I did manage to do was:

Rods and Pistons:

ACL Race bearings, Cometic Head Gasket and ARP everything!

The Head got a little port job, valves resurfaced, valve seats re cut and heavier valve springs.

The engine got put back together with 2 exhaust cams

So I got the engine back in the car for power cruise last November on the old tune ( a little rich and %15 less timing advance) and only ran it at 10~11psi but it still hauled ass on the track! Was side by side with my mates kp60 with about 230hp at the wheels ( so he tells me!)

After the the power cruise weekend ( more like during ) the rear crank seal wasn't really doing a good job of keeping oil in the sump :x !!!
So the car has been of the road since with the intention of fixing the oil leak and a few other bits

I'm fitting some new cams as the 2 exhaust cams were only a temporary fix.
So I've got a 260deg inlet and a 270 exhaust to fit, make a new turbo manifold and finally get the car to the dyno!

So this the state I left the car at last year

Kinda short on funds at the moment so I'd say it would be another 6 weeks or so before its had its day on the dyno so hopefully I can break the 220kw or get close to it!

Cheers
Cam
detdat

Post by detdat »

Started work on the turbo manifold during the week, was a chance to finally use the tig welder I brought over a year ago. - It seemed everyone else's projects were more important than mine!

I'm hoping to have it near finished next by next weekend, think I'll be going the top mount manifold at this stage.

Here's the collector all finished:

torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Post by torqued »

keep those pics coming. :popcorn:
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."