H230 Auto trans and replacement options

all your DIY needs
fletch
Financial Member

Re: H230 Auto trans and replacement options

Post by fletch »

the 3n71 and 4n71 are a very similar tranny, the OD in the 4n71 is electrically operated.
you should be able to swap the bellhousing over.

i have a mate in auckland with a manualised 4n71 valvebody that he would sell if i asked him.
let me know if your interested
nick_m
Datsun Master
aka: Nick m

Post by nick_m »

Got curious punched auto R30 skyline into tardme and this popped up at the top of the list
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-par ... 999249.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This guy is wrecking a L20et AUTO R30, could be a go for a 4 speed L series auto if keen to go that way
Can help out with shipping if he isnt keen to ship up northward. I'm off work till the 16th so no big deal for me too do a little running around. Though I would want a small fee naturally. Shout me a pint if we ever catch up again haha.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

The seller is none other than DJZ unless I'm mistaken?
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
DJZ
Datsun God

Post by DJZ »

Yeap, those are my mates cars. Being an early one that R30 is only a 3 speed auto.
Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
southerndatsun
Regular

Post by southerndatsun »

hi you can fit a 4n71b in place of a 3n71b.mount and driveshaft are different if you get a non power shift one,it just needs a kickdown switch power down to rear solinoid and over drive switch to power up o/d and lockup 1st solinoid.ratios are all the same for 1st 2nd 3rd as three speed,over drive is diferent.the diesel ratio is the same just rear diff is changed tur suit car,power shift ones need ecu to work.
85_Z31
Datsun Master

Post by 85_Z31 »

I have a z31 Auto Trans and converter sitting at my old mans shed, i think its the 4NZ1B it has some writing on it it like it had been serviced or rebuild at some point.

Its all yours if you want to come and take it away somehow from Chch/Rangiora area
The Answer to your Question is NEEDS MORE VG30