Re: Concerns with Cert.

Post by Dattochriswagon »

I could get away with it if they were 1/2" narrower
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

ill be mega screwed then ive got 175 50 13 on 7 and 8 inch rims. GOD DAMN CERT SUCKS BALLS :evil:
unlimitedpower
Datsun Mad

Post by unlimitedpower »

To me it basically leaves no real option than to leave my car at standard height i can't see any way i can lower the front of my car (which is higher in the front than back on a Datsun 710) and retain the factory positive camber which im sure just safe as. Especially when i lower the back of my car 50mm blocks with reset leaves for that permanent super launch look.
Maybe i can start a new trend.
Either that or get a motor sports authority card which i don't want to do as i doubt my car will ever see a track. It was not built with that in mind rather a build for me to learn more about the cars i love and drive on weekends to work and specially occasions.
torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Post by torqued »

Stolen From OldSchool with thanks to Cletus. The guide for 12,13,14 rims and specified tyre sizing

"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Post by Dattochriswagon »

I went and seen Wayne today and said my tires shouldbe alrite as i may have measured my wheels wrong. they could very well be 6.5"
Also talked about camber and he said ill need to provide a whell alignment printout when going for cert. So i wont know how much camber ive got till ive had a wheel allignment
my1200
Datsun Mad

Post by my1200 »

sounds fucked to me, all the boy racers who are not even racers are to thank.
I will run camber no matter what.
torqued
Datsun God

Post by torqued »

This makes me cry.
Look at my only options for 15x10
Capture23123.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

in relation to some of the older cars ie 1200 1600 180b etc, is it possible to cert the suspension as sss replica, as these may have had a little camber added from factory, add your +0.5 degrees and things may shape up a little better.

some of you train spotters will have a better idea on wether the sss got camber or not,

also it could be worse guys imagine getting cert for a triumph spitfire/herald with +3.5 deg of camber because they were complete shit from the factory , try and tell me that thats a safe option.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Triumphs ran rediculas amounts of camber from new.

You're all going to hate me, but I think it's a step forward.
The LVVT cert process is a privelige. Better to have clear cut, non ambiguous rules that are in plain language everyone can understand. In some countries, you aren't even allowed to fit alloy whjeels to a car legally.
All this mad stretch, and fuck off camber is a bout looks rather than functionality. 99% of the cars rolling camber and stretch never even see a racetrack. So all it does is make them less safe.
There really needs to be a formula to denote the maximum safe camber for a given car. But remember that the new rule is in it's infantcy. So the current rule is the best practice as at the moment.
Rome wasn't built in a day.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
torqued
Datsun God

Post by torqued »

I hate it when NZ is compared to other countries. I live in NZ i am an New Zealander. I come from a long line of DIYers im used to living in a country of freedom I am a resident here for the lifestyle. if i wanted to live in a police state with over baring rules i would and I would get paid a lot more and have other benifits. The reason NZ is so great is this reason.