Joels b122 sunny truck

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Mutiny

Re: Joels b122

Post by Mutiny »

saw this in templeton today, looks sharp dude, agree with others, sqaure headlights look good
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Saw this at the track today, love the look and the short wheelbase. Great to see it rocking the child's seat too. You bringing family to Rakaia on the 16th?
Datsuns from A to Zed
joelbrown
Financial Member
aka: Joel

Post by joelbrown »

classicdat wrote:Saw this at the track today, love the look and the short wheelbase. Great to see it rocking the child's seat too. You bringing family to Rakaia on the 16th?
-cheers man, yeah was thnkn bout doin rakaia- its a long way screamin away in 4th at 4000+rpm.

-only saw the last 2 races at ruapuna 2day, was gettn a hand with nu front wheel brgs so didnt gt to track as early as i wtd,- will go chk out sundays racing a bit earlier, did u see the choice sanyo sunny racer? saw bout 9 or 10 datsun race cars out there.
Mutiny wrote:saw this in templeton today, looks sharp dude, agree with others, sqaure headlights look good

-thanks dude, was that u at the skate park in templeton?
1990 1200 ute
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Hey Joel,
I can supply you with some ear plugs if you need them. (4000rpm thing)
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
joelbrown
Financial Member

Post by joelbrown »

Bartman wrote:Hey Joel,
I can supply you with some ear plugs if you need them. (4000rpm thing)
probly not a silly idea, i will grab sum from work. i heard v four and rotory is postponed the wknd of rakaia run, due lack of entries. i was thinkn of goin to it as iv never been b4.

Count me in 4 rakia run
1990 1200 ute
Mutiny

Post by Mutiny »

Mutiny wrote:saw this in templeton today, looks sharp dude, agree with others, sqaure headlights look good

-thanks dude, was that u at the skate park in templeton?[/quote]

yeah that was me with the jaw hanging on the ground haha
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Just come and enjoy the run, I took my 1200 with 4 speed to Invercargill and came back for this one a year or two ago, and it was a quick trip back at about 5am, no one on the road, ears are still ringing, although they may have been before hand. Be great to have some more little ones there too.
Datsuns from A to Zed
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

Just bring it along dude. I drove a 4spd 120y to akaroa last year and that was full noise up the hills this cruise is pretty flat so you'll be fine

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
joelbrown
Financial Member

Re: Joels b122 --rust found...

Post by joelbrown »

Accidently spilled coffee down passenger side floor area yest, when i got home i removed the pass side seat. I found (after a good clean) a few small spots of rust and bumps in the paint, i scraped the areas back a little to get a better look, all were fine and very minimal and just reqd a clean up and por15 to fix. BUT... there was an innocent looking patch on the back of the cab that when i gave it a light scrape parts of it fell away, farrk. It gets worse tho as it is in the middle of the upper rear chassis beam so i cant view it from the back side without cutting a hole in the tray. The back side of it seems to be the worst tho as i put a vacume to it and alot of small flakes were cmn thru.
In the pics below u cn see the spot welds around the rust holes where the beam attaches to the back of the cab.
Any hints or tips as to how to attack this would be greatly appreciated. Ive jst filled it with por15 in the meantime till i cn gt it sorted.
[img]
phn%20cam%20coppied%2001.2013%20027.jpg
[/img]
[img]
phn%20cam%20coppied%2001.2013%20030.jpg
[/img]
[img]
phn%20cam%20coppied%2001.2013%20032.jpg
[/img]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1990 1200 ute
joelbrown
Financial Member

Post by joelbrown »

Thanks to 2doors the rust in back of the cab is fully fixed, wil post sum pics soon. He did a mint job, top bloke, cheers
1990 1200 ute