Whats it like owning a datsun??

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Tony_Whenua
Financial Member

Re: Whats it like owning a datsun??

Post by Tony_Whenua »

I first owned a Datsun less than 2 years ago...I now own 2 1200's.
But yeah I love mine and love the lessons and advice I have learnt already.
"Dude you're like 30 degrees retarded" - Chris_g1 & 2 Doors
Maxz546
Datsun Driver
aka: Mike

Post by Maxz546 »

Yep. Really trying to sell my car. He is leaving to the uk in a couple months and a buyer is going to look at it in three weeks so thats how long I got to sell my car on that one. But found this amazing 510 and just trying to sort a price out with a guy now. What would be a fair price for a nice 510??
maddat1 wrote:That 260z 2+2 on trademe doesnt look too bad.did you made contact with the guy yet
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

Maxz546 wrote:Yep. Really trying to sell my car. He is leaving to the uk in a couple months and a buyer is going to look at it in three weeks so thats how long I got to sell my car on that one. But found this amazing 510 and just trying to sort a price out with a guy now. What would be a fair price for a nice 510??
maddat1 wrote:That 260z 2+2 on trademe doesnt look too bad.did you made contact with the guy yet
What is nice? Does it have a full metal rebuild documented?
Original paint and panel?
Nice means different things to different people.
Put as many details as possible and we can give you our own opinion on its worth (remember, what it is worth is what somebody is willing to pay, which is different to different people).
My orangatang 510 here.
Maxz546
Datsun Driver

Post by Maxz546 »

It has been striped back to metal. Got all the rust out the painted properly. Interior is all new or reconditioned and engine is standard but reconditioned and has aftermarket wheels with original height.
gingofthesouth wrote:
Maxz546 wrote:Yep. Really trying to sell my car. He is leaving to the uk in a couple months and a buyer is going to look at it in three weeks so thats how long I got to sell my car on that one. But found this amazing 510 and just trying to sort a price out with a guy now. What would be a fair price for a nice 510??
What is nice? Does it have a full metal rebuild documented?
Original paint and panel?
Nice means different things to different people.
Put as many details as possible and we can give you our own opinion on its worth (remember, what it is worth is what somebody is willing to pay, which is different to different people).
torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Post by torqued »

Dr.-Evil-One-Million-Dollars.png
Could be anything. Not enough details
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."
Maxz546
Datsun Driver

Post by Maxz546 »

Haha here is the link to the build thread.

http://www.nzdatsun.com/forums/viewtopi ... &start=120" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He said he will sell for the right price but i dont know how much she would be worth lol
torqued wrote:
Ivan
Datsun Nutter
aka: Ivan

Post by Ivan »

When i brought my 260c Datsun I was going to clean it up and sell it on for $$$$.But since owning it that plain has changed i would never sell it now.I own a R32 Skyline and RS4 Stagea which are dam good cars and i have owned/driven many other cars,But the old Datsun......Shes in a class on her own.
Datsun 260c

https://www.facebook.com/groups/jdmridesnz/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
chris_g1
Committee Members

Post by chris_g1 »

Maxz546 wrote:Haha here is the link to the build thread.

http://www.nzdatsun.com/forums/viewtopi ... &start=120" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He said he will sell for the right price but i dont know how much she would be worth lol
torqued wrote:

That car has been restored to "better than new" quality.
I have watched the build thread in utter amazement.
I would assume that Lukey would be wanting a "pretty penny" for it. I'm jealous as hell even though I'm doing a ground up rebuild as well.
I have a reasonable idea what it would have cost to do this restore so I'm thinking you would have to part with some serious money to own this.
Good luck.
torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Post by torqued »

torqued wrote:
Shit dude. IMHO you would be talking BIG BIG $$$
If it was me offering. I would say $20k + but i am sure people would chime in with various other opinions
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."
Maxz546
Datsun Driver

Post by Maxz546 »

Dang thats what i was thinking but not hoping. I cant quite do 20k plus but will see what he says cause he said he didnt know how much for it??
torqued wrote:

torqued wrote:
Shit dude. IMHO you would be talking BIG BIG $$$
If it was me offering. I would say $20k + but i am sure people would chime in with various other opinions