Datsun 1200 1974 one owner for sale

Sell stuff
1171dato

Re: Datsun 1200 1974 one owner for sale

Post by 1171dato »

its greed I think. there has be so meny offers of 6k without seeing the car its more like a 5k car im happy to pay 6k (and did ask what they wanted he said its just going on trademe) :( as it just down the road from me. its starting to show signs of rust in the engine bay as the paint has come away easy fix tho you still have shell out more money to fix. I know you get that with older car.Also at a guess it will sit on trademe for some time.
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

1171dato wrote:its greed I think. there has be so meny offers of 6k without seeing the car its more like a 5k car im happy to pay 6k (and did ask what they wanted he said its just going on trademe) :( as it just down the road from me. its starting to show signs of rust in the engine bay as the paint has come away easy fix tho you still have shell out more money to fix. I know you get that with older car.Also at a guess it will sit on trademe for some time.
The good news for you is its just down the road, and when it goes on trade me, we can all get together and explain its a 5k car at most, when they come back to you to accept your 6k offer, you will be able to decline and re-offer 5.5k .

I cant see them getting much more than that on trade me. Even the brown one is over priced
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

Seeing you guys talk like this makes me wish I had a love affair with 1200s instead of 1600s.
Find a 1600 in either the condition of the white one or the brown one and your looking 10k plus.
My orangatang 510 here.
woodies72coupe
Committee Members

Post by woodies72coupe »

Tell you all.
The car is very tidy and still will need some work but not straight away.
I told them not to put it on trademe and they wouldn't listen.
And now I see it didn't sell on there. Greed indeed.

I'm pissed off as I went out of my way to check it out and put it on here in the first place.
And they treat us Datsun fans badly.
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

Well I guess you at least tell them the ageless line of... "I told you so"....

it is a nice wee car all the same, but they should have sold it straight up for 6K to a Datto fan. end of story.
1171dato

Post by 1171dato »

i was gutted when they said no to my offer of 6k when that's what they wanted .i see it hasn't be re listed did someone buy it out side of trademe? Work mate seen it driving around on sunday.
oh yeah Kitch i was told you are mates with the guy that's got the blue 1200 that's on trademe at the mo.Is it anygood or would i be wasting my time to go have look?
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

its no show car but its solid enough for sure.
handles awesome, and is cert'd I believe for the buckets and the wilwoods etc
The dash is a bit bodgey and the likes
Would not take much to get going with a man of your skills I expect.

Jake had the car setup pretty well - I actually have the original 'hot' A14 out of this car in my coupe ;)

He is heading to Europe next week hence reason for selling, as its parked up at his Dads place.

IMO - its worth his asking price easy. In fact had I not brought the sunny I would have brought this in a heart beat
M spec
Regular

Post by M spec »

Kitch wrote:its no show car but its solid enough for sure.
handles awesome, and is cert'd I believe for the buckets and the wilwoods etc
The dash is a bit bodgey and the likes
Would not take much to get going with a man of your skills I expect.

Jake had the car setup pretty well - I actually have the original 'hot' A14 out of this car in my coupe ;)

He is heading to Europe next week hence reason for selling, as its parked up at his Dads place.

IMO - its worth his asking price easy. In fact had I not brought the sunny I would have brought this in a heart beat
That little 1200 caught my eye as well. ;)
xJessieX1200x
Financial Member

Post by xJessieX1200x »

Just to settle this topic and stop everyone wondering whats happened to the car.......... I bought it :) You may have seen it at or on the way to or from the Akaroa Datsun meet on labour weekend. Awesome wee car!! Now officially has 2 lady owners :)
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Great buy Jesse, it was awesome at the cruise
Datsuns from A to Zed