Datto_610's 180B - Street Legal!

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Datto_610's 180B - Cert Prepping!

Post by Datto_610 »

It's a day late but here are some photos it's pretty hard to tell where on the cv/axle/flange has been hitting but definitely evidence on the body!

This was the passenger side which I haven't modified like the drivers yet. Shiny metal is surely indication of something rubbing/hitting
DJZ
Datsun God

Re: Datto_610's 180B - Cert Prepping!

Post by DJZ »

It's self clearancing, it'll stop eventually. Definitely looks like it needs stiffer springs, didn't James work out a spring rate for it?
Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Longer bump stops?
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
gman
Financial Member
aka: gman

Post by gman »

Just change the springs lift the diff head and all will be good if you put long bump stops in it will handle like a pig and it will keep doing cv boots and the cvs are not going to take that angel for long.
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Stiffer springs it is!
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

So..... went to Bellamy and East today which was a waste of my lunch break... basically the guy was trying to steer me away from going custom due to the cost which he estimated at around $300ish and called Chamberlains and reckoned a 240K spring would be 30% stiffer than what I have as they are 16mm wire as opposed to 15mm on the ones I currently have. But I spoke to one of guys who works at the tyre/wheel alignment workshop which is accross the road from the spring shop and told me Bellamy and East don't even make coil springs Chamberlains do!!!! They make leaf springs and u bolts etc though. So now I'm going to have to go to the spring shop tomorrow which is like a 5min walk if that from work..... I don't think the 240k spring is going to do the job I need custom ones! Will see how I go tomorrow...
chris_g1
Committee Members

Post by chris_g1 »

Hey, Greg if this helps the rear springs in my blue 510 are 750/800 pounds also running stiffer shocks that I matched up at Appco up here shorter than Standard ones in keep the springs captive. The Orange cars running coil overs in the rear unsure of springs rate though on both cars I'm using bump stops on the shocks and removed the factory ones for clearance .
gman
Financial Member
aka: gman

Post by gman »

Well that's funny did you speak to Andray or one of his clowns maybe they don't do walk ups? I have had my spring made there for 20 years just picked up a set for the 240z last weak.
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

chris_g1 wrote:Hey, Greg if this helps the rear springs in my blue 510 are 750/800 pounds also running stiffer shocks that I matched up at Appco up here shorter than Standard ones in keep the springs captive. The Orange cars running coil overs in the rear unsure of springs rate though on both cars I'm using bump stops on the shocks and removed the factory ones for clearance .
Cheers Chris that's exactly what I need I think!
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

gman wrote:Well that's funny did you speak to Andray or one of his clowns maybe they don't do walk ups? I have had my spring made there for 20 years just picked up a set for the 240z last weak.
I spoke to a guy called Matt I think, yeah thought was a bit odd too... unless it's only the cobra stuff Chamberlains make for them? I have no idea...