Introduce Yourself Here

The go to place for all things popular
Evil13
Financial Member
aka: kane

Re: Introduce Yourself Here

Post by Evil13 »

Hi im kane from invercargill im 23 i was a petrol mechanic now i work on forklifts and machinery.
iv had alot of cars mainly nissans my first car was a 1984 r30 skyline current car is a s13 silvia which is a endless money pit and now iv purchased a datsun 1200 ute that i wana do something cool too.
1200 sedan

1961 ford galaxie
braasmonkey
Site Admin
aka: Braasy

Post by braasmonkey »

Hey all,

My names Nick, but you can call me Braasy (yes, it is spelled correctly - is based on my last name, 'Braas', which is Dutch). I am 26 years old (at time of post ;)) and am based in Christchurch! I am a bit of a computer geek and I love food :)

I am new to the Datsun scene and have recently purchased a straight 1200 4 door sedan (Deluxe?) to sink my teeth and money into. Have had an itch to start off and work on an older vehicle for a while now, and since my partner is one of Damon's sisters, Datsun's seemed like a natural progression.

Am looking to keep the vehicle pretty stock standard for now. The idea is to get me familiar with Datsun's and older cars in general as I am an IT Professional with no under-the-hood skills, then may look to move on to other projects in the future (if time, money and parking space permits). Currently, the 1200 is stock standard with a little bit of surface rust thrown in. It has a set of SSS mags on it, a newer A12 engine (thanks Damon for servicing it - and the rest of the vehicle) and a factory 4 speed box. It appears to have been repainted at some stage. I intend on plugging in an A15 (twin side-draft Dellorto carbs already purchased) and a matching 5 speed gearbox for a bit of extra up and go. Once happy with the running of the vehicle, will strip it down, get rid of any rust, repaint, and then put it all back together again.

A couple of pictures are as follows for any interested (who haven't seen the vehicle yet):
SDC10192[edit].jpg
SDC10188[edit].jpg
SDC10189.jpg
SDC10187.jpg
Am partial towards Subaru's but am now a Datsun fan. Ruth and I are looking forward to meeting most of you and catching up on meets and cruises in the future, and feel free to drop us a line if you need any Computer or Tech Support, or want to pass on any feedback or ideas! And Damon, thanks for your knowledge and assistance to date, and for any more you care to spare :lol:

Regards,

- Braasy :geek:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by braasmonkey on Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1972 DATSUN 1200 (B110) 4 DOOR SEDAN << Check Out My Build Thread
1972 DATSUN 240Z (S30) 2 DOOR COUPE << Check Out My Build Thread
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

Hey braasy! That 1200 looks very tidy. Perhaps you should start a build thread to give you a place to ask some questions, show any small changes you make and have a place to start sharing as soon as the overhauls happen. Also when you say you are an IT professional, in what area of expertise? Whats you job? Just curious :)
My orangatang 510 here.
braasmonkey
Site Admin

Post by braasmonkey »

gingofthesouth wrote:Hey braasy! That 1200 looks very tidy. Perhaps you should start a build thread to give you a place to ask some questions, show any small changes you make and have a place to start sharing as soon as the overhauls happen. Also when you say you are an IT professional, in what area of expertise? Whats you job? Just curious :)
Heya gingofthesouth, build thread created with some extra images [http://www.nzdatsun.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1983]. Regarding job, geez, stalker much? :lol: I am personally a bit of a Jack-of-all-Trades kinda guy. Currently work for a company who writes PDA Sales Force Automation software. My job description is pretty broad ranging from support to implementation, installation and training on our product. Also do some after hours support among other things for my own personal side business... Btw, love your signature :thumbsup:
torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Post by torqued »

What would your company name be? sounds simalir to what i do
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."
ginga-dato
Datsun Driver
aka: Jordan

Post by ginga-dato »

Hey everyone,

Im jordan but am usually called ginga or any other name to do with my hair colour. I am 17 and have just finished my last year at school and am waiting for the panelbeating and car spraying course at S.I.T to start in march.

I have only owned one car so far and am proud to say that it is a 1978 4 door 120y. Have only done small things to it so far e.g 2 inch drop, 2 inch full exhaust since the old one snapped off at the 2nd muffler, put a 3 and a half inch dumpy on, cut some rust out since it made me fail a wof, new sounds, sprayed the centre of the steelies black.

Tho not much has been done to her she still gets alot of head turns and comments about her being the same colour as my hair.

My car's been off the road for a wee while as it's not quite running right and me and my mates can't put our finger's on the problem so off to the mechanic she goes. I have got big plans for it but am just waiting till I'm able to get the money together.

Cheers,
Ginga
braasmonkey
Site Admin

Post by braasmonkey »

Heya Jordan, welcome! Keen on some pics dude.
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

Welcome ginga. As a fellow ginga I am glad to see you have a ginga coloured car too :P

Start a build thread and post some pics of your little weapon.
My orangatang 510 here.
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

welcome man, before you take it to a mechanic and waste money there, maybe ask one of the many helpful chch guys to have a look. might be something dead easy and that way the cash can go towards something you really want/need.

hopefullly you could join us on our rakaia cruise on Feb 19th
sik200b

Post by sik200b »

looks like theres sum awesum cars & people here