Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Flauski
Financial Member

Re: Dattochriswagons G521 ute

Post by Flauski »

Wish I had that as a daily. Is that spook camo or just the photos?
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Post by Dattochriswagon »

Last edited by Dattochriswagon on Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
z181200
Datsun Mad

Post by z181200 »

Mean as! Chinny looks sweet. wider wheels now son.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

How many stud, and inch diameter are your wheels? The easiest way to lower your engine speed ay 100kph is to fit wheels with a larger rolling circumference. My old mans ranger ute has 16s with 215/65/16 tyres. His speedo reads waaaay slower than your actually going. plus with a little extra ground clearance, that nice front spoiler wont get converted into broken plastic the next time you venture east of Deans Ave.
Thats one of those ones that came from the who mark got one made by aye? I always wanted one of them. Is that bloke still around?
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Last edited by Dattochriswagon on Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

You're bound to be able to find some mags or other steelies in a 15 or bigger with the same pattern. Plus when you're doing a max speed test the engine will be revving lower at the vehicles terminal velocity, which should put the revs closer the engine's torque peak meaning it should actually be able to go a little bit faster.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Last edited by Dattochriswagon on Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

You're welcome. :mrgreen:
521 Mgee
aka: Dave

Post by 521 Mgee »

Dattochriswagon wrote:I know of two more sitting in paddocks one with wellside that some one with a mig and some fabrication skills could save
I am so keen on finding a wellside for my 521, where abouts are these old girls sitting? ill go to the ends of nz to pick it up haha.
Rust never sleeps...
kartboy
Committee Members
aka: Hayden

Post by kartboy »

Bartman wrote:How many stud, and inch diameter are your wheels? The easiest way to lower your engine speed ay 100kph is to fit wheels with a larger rolling circumference. My old mans ranger ute has 16s with 215/65/16 tyres. His speedo reads waaaay slower than your actually going. plus with a little extra ground clearance, that nice front spoiler wont get converted into broken plastic the next time you venture east of Deans Ave.
Thats one of those ones that came from the who mark got one made by aye? I always wanted one of them. Is that bloke still around?
yeah he is still around Bart, nic used to work with his partner so if you want one I can ask her for his number if you want.