Re: Trademe/Yahoo Japan Auctions

Post by Kitch »

sheesh that r30 went for $8150 :o
would have been worth another lump on the mortgage for that
DJZ
Datsun God

Post by DJZ »

Hope the dude that bought it had a look at it first, sounds like it wasn't as mint as the guy made it out to be.

http://www.oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewto ... start=3260

I've copied and pasted this from Oldschool, it hasn't bought over the formatting so it's a bit messy

Having had a decent look over this car I'm going to quickly go over some of the points mentioned, in case anyone from here decides to place a bid.

Quote:
1983 Nissan Skyline RS-X Twin Cam Turbo R30 hardtop coupe. Genuine and original ancestor in the Godzilla lineage and in totally immaculate and unmodified condition with verified 87,610Km on the odometer when entereing NZ about 6/7 yrs ago.

The car has the original trim, floor mats, tools, jack and wheel chucks even the electric wing mirrors are original equipment.

Unmodified, yes. Immaculate, not really... also I was told that the car has spent a long time sitting, which isn't really that healthy. At least all of the items mentioned are present and accounted for.

I wasn't allowed to take it for a test drive either. Not even with my own DR30 parked on the roadside a mere five metres away. Instead the seller's son (who seemed to have been saddled with the task of showing it to potential buyers, I never met the actual seller in person) drove it to the end of the street and back again with neo5365 as passenger.

Quote:
It is in lovely pristine condition with no sign of any panel work ever.

not quite. there has been a (hasty) repair in the front passenger strut tower where 99.9% of R30s rust from the inside out. It hasn't even been repainted, merely sprayed over with matt black paint. The spare wheel well has in fact been rust repaired before, the fuel flap is dented/doesn't sit perfect, one of the monsoons is missing, and the weather seal between the front and rear passenger side windows is completely fucked (good luck finding another one). To its credit, I couldn't find a speck of rust in any of the other areas notoriously common for rotting on R30s.

Quote:
Oil and filters just done using Mobil1 synthetic oil. Mechanically this car is flawless.

FJ20s don't really like synthetic oil. And there is a major hesitation/misfire down low, even worse than the one on my DR30 which I eventually managed to fix after a lot of pissing around - most likely sensor related. The timing chain also continues to rattle when the engine is warm, and the oil pump whines which indicates a blockage of some sort. The sump is also dented and oil seeps out from the timing chain tensioner cover - certainly not as flawless mechanically as one would expect. The shocks seem rather old and floaty.

Quote:
The interior is totally original with no tears or rips and only some stains on the velour uphostery.

OK, this is about the only honest part of the auction so far.

Quote:
The aircon works well.

It doesn't even go.

Quote:
Tyres are 4 newish Bridgestone B60 195/60-15 on light-weight period 6.5” alloys.

They have plenty of tread but are absolutely drenched in tyre shine and the tread blocks are cracked, indicating they're ancient. B60s were last sold in the early 2000s.
Last edited by DJZ on Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

Bugger, hate registering for forums I will view once only, yuck.
My orangatang 510 here.
braasmonkey
Site Admin
aka: Braasy

Post by braasmonkey »

gingofthesouth wrote:Bugger, hate registering for forums I will view once only, yuck.
Agreed lol But I'm so keen to know more! :lol:
1972 DATSUN 1200 (B110) 4 DOOR SEDAN << Check Out My Build Thread
1972 DATSUN 240Z (S30) 2 DOOR COUPE << Check Out My Build Thread
gingofthesouth
Site Admin

Post by gingofthesouth »

Thanks DJ.

Even with what was mentioned, most of that is relatively minor. He is 100 percent correct on the oil, they certainly don't like 5w thin oil like that. Sound like it needs the oil pump off and air compressor over the oil galleries, some 15w oil

Even with everything listed, I would still pay (if I didnt have my 1600 eating all my cash) 10k for it.

From the photos, you can see how much of the original car trim etc is there that is always missing (I have never seen a GTRS with such a tidy engine bay and the plastic top radiator air tunnel to boot).

Super sexy. The seller sounded like a tosser though, or he is just sick of time wasters and free riders lol
My orangatang 510 here.
jeremiahnz
Datsun Driver

Post by jeremiahnz »

Someone from CHCH buy this as a cafe racer project.

Great accessory to a Datsun. I have two.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbi ... 777274.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1965 Bluebird 410
1976 Yamaha RD50
gingofthesouth
Site Admin

Post by gingofthesouth »

Anybody know of the history or ownership or anything really about this Roadster?
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-ca ... 199737.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, a very subjective point, what do you think its worth :D lol its worth whatever somebody is willing to pay. But indications please.
My orangatang 510 here.
grant76
Datsun Nutter

Post by grant76 »

if its in as good condition as it looks in the photo's, its in the range of what i think it would be worth ($6-8k). Has some good bits like the wheels/hardlid (if done properly)/coilovers etc. Dont know what he means by a ministock carb, i thought they had to use standard?? (maybe the jets have been drilled). 5 speed and electronic ignition is a bonus, but under bonnet photo's would be helpful.Would need to find out whats underneath the new guards/bonnet/tail gate/front apron. If its been rusty on the bolt on bits hopefully its not still in the structure. I would put both my utes in the same condition from the photo's and wouldn't sell for less than $7.5k. Looks nice, just would need to check for rust/cert for 5 speed and coilovers. I like it. Just my opinions obviously
gingofthesouth
Site Admin

Post by gingofthesouth »

Selling my Datsun hauler. Feel free to tell me I am dreaming.
Using the funds to get my Datsun on the road now that I am going back to being a poor student.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =436031450" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Going to prep it and paint the trailer black next week.
My orangatang 510 here.
kobyn
Datsun Mad

Post by kobyn »

Thats a sweet trailer a shame ur in nelson id been keen as
Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk