2012 NZ DatNats Trackevening-Fri Oct 19 Read regs Pg 3 Audit

classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Re: EOI For a Track Day/Evening at Ruapuna on Nats Friday

Post by classicdat »

Ruapuna has confirmed they are all go for this. Cars have to be to a warrantable Std, they don't need Wof and reg. To carry passengers (on hot laps) a MANZ cage is required.
Now just to work out how to change the title of this thread to...
THIS IS HAPPENING :highfive:
Datsuns from A to Zed
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Edit the 1st post vaughan. And change the title there.
I have this sudden and overwhelming urge to get my 1200 wof'd and reg'd in time for this.............
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
classicdat
Committee Members

Post by classicdat »

classicdat wrote:Ruapuna has confirmed they are all go for this. Cars have to be to a warrantable Std, they don't need Wof and reg. :highfive:
Just trailer it out and have fun :D
Datsuns from A to Zed
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Re: Track Day/Evening at Ruapuna on Nats Friday Oct 19 5 pm

Post by Dattochriswagon »

Lock me in in my 1200 Wagon please Vaughn. Really keen on this. Be a great way to learn what my wagon will do when i bury the loud pedal
classicdat
Committee Members

Post by classicdat »

That's the attitude Chris, I know i need to bring the 'Z' out and give a few of you young fullas a thrill, but would really love to take the 1200 and just show a few of you up, and make you ask why you spent all that time and $$$ on the big engine change.
What I am looking forward to is see you guys out there having a blast. I went to the Honda track day last year, well Honda hosted it, but there were far more Nissan products there than Honda. The comment was made the Honda guys "Park there cars Hard" I know you guys Drive your's hard!! :highfive:
It is a great opportunity to see what it can really do, and get to have a go on a real race track. It's something else.
Datsuns from A to Zed
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Post by Dattochriswagon »

Haha. Bring it on old fella! Haha.
Honestly ill never reccomend a conversion.
It wasnt costly. My Wagon owes me under 9k. Which isnt bad for whats been done.
Its just the headache. If id been in a twin carbd a15 before i started chopping i wouldve walked down that path. All is good tho.
Will be good racing !
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

Will definately be good to see Datsuns with varying amounts of HP and Handling - Turbo blowing away N/a on the straight and getting passed back in the corners (or not) - cant wait :burnout: :burnout:
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

So what are the requirements Vaughan?
By then I may well have much of the prevaliant corrosion addressed. But perhaps not made pretty.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

this sounds like a fantastic evening of fun, well done to vaughn for the amount of time undertaken to organise this.

Is it a case of turn up on the day or do you need expressions of interest in advance,
classicdat
Committee Members

Post by classicdat »

We've had a good expression of interest, cost looks about $50 and I'd really like confirmation from those intending on running to confirm viability of this evening as there are costs and I don't think the club should have to carry the cost if people say they will come and then don't front up. I'm sure this won't be the case as this will be an awesome event, and great fun. He's a draft of the evening.

We will be using the Grand Prix track full circuit including the dipper. You should always move in the direction of the track which is anti-clockwise and complete a full lap of the track if you can, rather than take a short cut.

Track time will be split into
A] road cars with no safety requirements and passengers allowed max speed on the straights at 140km per hour. No passing except on the straights.
B] Road cars to wof standard open track testing, no restrictions other than no over driving. No passengers. Battery bolted through the body or structure. Maximum 5 cars on the track at a time, no passing except on the straights.
C] Roll caged race cars - open test up to 6pm only, may take passengers, open track testing.

We may restrict cars to 5 on the circuit with a maximum of 5 laps at any one time to allow brakes to cool down. Cars will be released at 10 second intervals from pit lane. Drivers coming down the front straight will need to be aware of cars entering the track and must keep left of the yellow line coming past the pit lane exit. Drivers entering the track from pit lane must also be aware of cars coming down the front straight. You need to be very aware of brake fade while on the track. If you do feel them start to get spongy or fade come back to pitlane and give them a chance to cool down. This is the single biggest reason for accidents.

In the event of an accident or mechanical which results in your car stopping on the circuit, if possible move your car to the infield as far as possible and get out of your car and move to a flagpoint or to a tyre wall for safety. Stay there until a recovery vehicle arrives.

It is the driver’s responsibility to ensure they comply with the safety requirements.

- All cars must have or be to Wof standard.
- Battery must be securely fastened
- All drivers for open track testing are to be wearing cotton overalls
- All drivers for open track testing are to be wearing an approved helmet
- Passengers are permitted refer to A and C only.
- Cars must be clean and free of any loose objects inside
- No racing. This includes following too close to the car ahead
- Overtaking is only to be executed on the straights

Flags we will use:
- Green = Go
- Red = Danger / slow down someone has come unstuck
- Black = Come in for a bollocking you’re up to no good
- Chequered = Session ended
Datsuns from A to Zed