Kitchs 1200 Coupe - road legal!

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Flauski
Financial Member

Re: Kitchs 1200 Coupe - VROOM VROOM!!!!.....

Post by Flauski »

that pic of your birds nest and the desktop with the monitor on a plastic crate continues to crack me up.

I have the MS relay board that I intend to use and a loom already made up (all be it for a V8) but should be a little easier..

Those USB to serial cables are tempremental as, its not a Megasquirt issue they sometimes work and sometimes don't work with whatever you plug them into.
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

Yeah I got the new loom set up with the 37 pin plug on it. theres quite a few spare wires coiled up though....

The plastic crate is an upgrade after my Mk1 monitor stand failed... (aka cardboard box)
z18et1200coupe
Datsun Driver
aka: The shed

Post by z18et1200coupe »

setting up the correct drivers for the megasquirt can be difficult, but if you make sure the platop is set on 9600 baud rate then it should pick up. also its best to use com port 1, 2 or 3 for easiest pickup. And also sometimes only one of you usb outputs on the laptop will work!
All that stuff is confusing at first but easy to learn if you have someone computer smart to help :thumbsup:
1976 NA Lancer
1980 Starlet Bugeye (60,000 genuin k's)
1979 Starlet Bugeye
1974 ke25 coupe
1972 1200 coupe z18et
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

Not muc to report - hadnt touched car in 2 weeks or so, have been away on holiday with the family.

Spent a few hours yesterday playing around, dropped in the tie rods, idler arn, link rods etc, to make it easier to push car in and out of the garage. Then I mounted up my new rigid VR sensor mount, after a bit of mucking around I got it setup, running about 0.5-1mm clearance to the toothed wheel, so finally I have a decent speed signal to the MS. I can't get the factory fev counter working, on normal coil signal, want to get that going first, before I swap to ECU tacho output signal. also I tried to run on ECU coil driven spark, but it wouldnt fire engine, as getting a real weak spark....
mark105
Datsun Dreamer
aka: 10 5

Post by mark105 »

you guys must have cheap usb to serial adaptors, goto dick smith and buy one of theirs, might be $50 but they work and they work properly. if you dont want to spend $50 look for a FTDI chipped usb to serial adaptor, pretty much the only one to have (DSE ones use the FTDI chip btw)

i got cheapy, never ending problems, got a FTDI DSE one, never had a problem since, works every time all the time.
braasmonkey
Site Admin
aka: Braasy

Post by braasmonkey »

mark105 wrote:you guys must have cheap usb to serial adaptors, goto dick smith and buy one of theirs, might be $50 but they work and they work properly. if you dont want to spend $50 look for a FTDI chipped usb to serial adaptor, pretty much the only one to have (DSE ones use the FTDI chip btw)

i got cheapy, never ending problems, got a FTDI DSE one, never had a problem since, works every time all the time.
Seconded. We went this route to continue to be able to support and reload old school Palm handheld devices with our mobile software (outdated but solid devices still in use by our customer base). Real life saver.
1972 DATSUN 1200 (B110) 4 DOOR SEDAN << Check Out My Build Thread
1972 DATSUN 240Z (S30) 2 DOOR COUPE << Check Out My Build Thread
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

or this http://www.trademe.co.nz/computers/cabl ... 885066.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My orangatang 510 here.
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

Ginge thats the product what I brought but havent managed to get communicating properly.
Assume the MS is a bit sensitive and needs the flasher adaptor cable as per DSE type
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Post by datsunboy »

I use the DSE cable too, seems to work fine for me running my wideband
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!