Datsun club BRE 510 BBQ trailer!!!!!!

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Bartman
Committee Members

Re: Datsun club BRE 510 BBQ trailer!!!!!!

Post by Bartman »

I don't think that anyone can get an idea what it';s gonna look like from a photo shop picutre. Even with no roof, in person it'll be obvious what it is. especially when it has a bre paintjob, and BBQ DATSUN, or NZdatsun where it normally says bre datsun.

This project was started 18 months ago. Apart from welding a drawbar to the chassis, welding a trailer coupling plate to that drawbar, and bracing the drawbar to the subframe, what has been done apart from argue about what should or shouldn't be done?

I say, cut the roof off, then work to finish capping off all the open sections. (Sills, C pillars etc) Tee up someone with the skills, to repair the rear guards, (we'll buy some from aussie if need be) and I'll get the rear seat fixed. Get the fucker road legal, and maybe then paint it.
All this talk about "oh but if we do this", or "If we make that" isn't getting the damn thing built. It's time to move forward, or else I want my drawbar back. :guns:
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

cut the roof above the pillar vent, insert tube into top of each pillar cap to hold umbrella,s, insert half a door per side to fill door aperture, cap the front of doors, cut rust etc, bog,sand, undercoat and paint.
I can do all of the above, I would love help with the sanding, I could paint it, im happy to supply labour for free.
ALL OF THE ABOVE WOULD HAVE TO BE DONE AROUND FAMILY COMMITMENTS AND i COULD NOT GUARANTEE WHEN ANY OF THIS WOULD HAPPEN , but it would be done by akaroa if not sooner. any help with anything would be appreciated, I should be able to give at least 1 weeks notice as to working bees, I can supply workshop etc

up to you guys at the end of the day.
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

i also think that the bbq should be remounted on a slider arrangement. The way it is now is ok but i certainly dont want to be cleaning up the mess its gonna make when you lower it back into the hole (burning hot fat and kitty litter galore everywhere)

the holden guys have the best idea and we can make it even better.

The BBQ at present is just slightly too wide ( wider than in between the two tail-lights ) but i think we can either find a slightly smaller on (thanks whoever donated it) or mod it up a little so the rear number plate section can fold down like a ute and the BBQ roles out like a toolbox drawer.

I know some of you will say but then its not at the correct height but i thought of that also and we can use a smaller 4 post system to raise it up (think tackle box or fishing box shelves) they come up and out.

this system could work even without the roller idea and just the rear folding down.

the reason i like this idea is that we can build the tackle-box style rack into the car so that its independent from the actual BBQ so it can remain horizontal the whole time, it raises it up for ease of use (no bending of the back and causes for ACC claims),it doesn't cause a mess and the BBQ is easily removed for cleaning.

that would get the rear sorted, then its a matter of working out where the gas bottle and spare tyre must go. (must have spare as not everyone that tows it is going to have correct spare for it in thier car)

Cheers

Discuss :highfive: :highfive:
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

maybe just put the spare one the draw bar, and if theres no space left, whoever tows it can just carry it inside and hook it up when ready to cook a mean feed
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

i thought about it being bolted under the draw bar as i think its a good idea that the drawbar is cover in sheet steel so once painted can be sat on aswell and also keeps weight to the font.
mint16
Financial Member
aka: Brendan

Post by mint16 »

Can we please discuss paint scheme?
BRE paint scheme, its not very nzdatsun.com.

I have already voted no roof no vents, but would be content with vents staying if they have a purpose, which would be umbrella mounts as discussed.
Vents are so much better with the roof attached.

What would the parcel shelf be used for?? Any thoughts?
72 Datsun 1200 Wagon
86 Toyota AE85 Trueno 4AGE ITB
torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Post by torqued »

Can we deck it out with disco lights? bling bling
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."
crustywhip
Datsun Addict
aka: Kane

Post by crustywhip »

I didnt realise this was started over two years ago as Im a new member. sooooooooo.........
Current whips: 1976 120y datsun van-1977 JZX31 toyopet markII coupe-1984 Toyota markII supercharged -Yamaharley XV 500
torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Post by torqued »

Yea two years bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbut.

"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."
nosebleed
Datsun Dreamer

Post by nosebleed »

torqued wrote:Yea two years bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbut.

retired?
retarded?
neglected?
old?
geriatric?
dont quite get the pic :o

nah i do..

how about keep the roof, and built a main hoop for it as b pillars(rollcage type) and have a lift up front panel on it so it s kind of like an awning over the draw bar?

cut the bootlid in half and hinge it from the sides so when you open it you get 2 half boot lid sized tables,one either side..
I DO ALL MY OWN STUNTS