2 doors 1200 2door sedan / Nearly cert ready

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Garth
Financial Member

Re: 2 doors 1200 2door sedan

Post by Garth »

2 doors wrote:yeah not to far from being painted, more blocking this week, I like to think Garths car is responsible for mine getting to this stage, so big thanks to garth for intrusting his car to me.

really looking forward to putting the colour on this.
haha happy to have helped mate. though im sure the thought process was "I could have finished the 2 door 5 times over with the amount of work done on garths car" haha
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

Garth wrote:
2 doors wrote:yeah not to far from being painted, more blocking this week, I like to think Garths car is responsible for mine getting to this stage, so big thanks to garth for intrusting his car to me.

really looking forward to putting the colour on this.
haha happy to have helped mate. though im sure the thought process was "I could have finished the 2 door 5 times over with the amount of work done on garths car" haha

lol it was more like 3 times, but yeah your dead right
Craig

Post by Craig »

Looks awesome Wal, so glad to see it coming along now you've sorted Garth and I out with awesome body and paint work.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

I saw this today.
I tried to convince Wal to just clear over the guide coat. But he was unable to be persuaded.......... :poke:
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

rest assured it will get clear coat, just not over primer lol
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

more blocking done this week, its now blocked back to 240 grit, which is acceptable to paint over in high solids, but ill prime it again and block again with 400 before the paint goes on, engine bay is now in undercoat (yah) I have done a couple of things ass about as I still need to finish fettleing the drivers door, so that will be this weeks task, Ive got a really big work load looming over the next fortnight, but hope to get a day or two under my belt on the blocking, which might just see this thing ready to paint.

getting pretty excited now. :burnout:
nzdatman
Financial Member

Post by nzdatman »

Great to see you working on your own car instead of everyone else's for a change warrick! Just doesn't pay the bills as well aye. Looking forward to seeing it painted.
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

cheers mate, doesn't pay the bills but sure makes me a happy man lol.
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

Hi all, well I got back into this again over the last week, the fettling on the drivers door turned into me making yet another skin, I may have to change the title to 2 doors 10 door sedan, as I have made and removed enough door skins to make a stretched limo Datsun lol.

The good news is that im, REALLY HAPPY with the drivers door now, the bad news is that now I could be happier with the passenger door, but it will be what it will be, time to move forward and get the paint sorted.

:popcorn: hope to post some more progress soon.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

I get a little excited every time I see an update in this thread.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............