Kitchs 1200 Coupe - road legal!

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
mark105
Datsun Dreamer
aka: 10 5

Re: Kitchs 1200 Coupe - VROOM VROOM!!!!.....

Post by mark105 »

Kitch wrote:Is this what I should be investing in?:

http://www.dicksmith.co.nz/product/XH82 ... sb-adaptor" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
thats the one, XH8290.

and i got the same one of trademe ging posted also to begin with, most useless thing ever. DSE one all the way.
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

mark105 wrote:
Kitch wrote:Is this what I should be investing in?:

http://www.dicksmith.co.nz/product/XH82 ... sb-adaptor" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
thats the one, XH8290.

and i got the same one of trademe ging posted also to begin with, most useless thing ever. DSE one all the way.
Meh I have used Both. The DSE one doesnt perform any better.

Just download these drivers:
http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have the cheapy working fine in Mac OS X and Windows 7.

Using them for call logging on the the old PABX systems in motels.
My orangatang 510 here.
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

Cheers for the advise guys.
bit the bullet today and coughed up the fifty pinger for the DSE widget
Hooked it up and set the com port, and no go, but then increased the Baud rate to max and away she went ! :thumbsup:

Now I can throw that awesome desktop PC back into storage!

This is gonna motivate me to tidy up wiring and mount up the ECU etc and make it look like less of a dogs breakfast through this commissioning stage.

in other news, I bolted up the front callipers and with one last lick of the grinder they are all good to go.
Just need to paint the adaptors and repaint callipers and throw back on and slip in the brake pads.
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

Havent updated thread in about 5 weeks, as I have nothing really to report.
Have car up off ground now, eager to get some progress in the next few weeks.
Spent a couple of hours today dicing up the loom, and establishing new wiring routes etc
also got to sort where I am mounting the new coil unit and FPR.

New panhard rod all but finished (actual rod member is just temporary mock up)

Bolted on front guards, and mocked up chin spoiler
braasmonkey
Site Admin
aka: Braasy

Post by braasmonkey »

Hey dude,

Was awesome to catch up and pine over your coupe while dropping back some Heineken. She's looking mean :mrgreen: Thanks again to you and Karen for being so hospitable and putting us up for the night. A perfect reason to get out of the shaky city and run in Miss Daisy!

You better have this ready come Akaroa because I will be making an effort to try and get back to finally participate in my 1200! She loved the drive from Christchurch to Timaru and back without skipping a beat, so be good to race you to Akaroa!! :lol:

- Braasy
1972 DATSUN 1200 (B110) 4 DOOR SEDAN << Check Out My Build Thread
1972 DATSUN 240Z (S30) 2 DOOR COUPE << Check Out My Build Thread
luke
Datsun Addict

Post by luke »

braasmonkey wrote:Hey dude,

Was awesome to catch up and pine over your coupe while dropping back some Heineken. She's looking mean :mrgreen: Thanks again to you and Karen for being so hospitable and putting us up for the night. A perfect reason to get out of the shaky city and run in Miss Daisy!

You better have this ready come Akaroa because I will be making an effort to try and get back to finally participate in my 1200! She loved the drive from Christchurch to Timaru and back without skipping a beat, so be good to race you to Akaroa!! :lol:

- Braasy
just.......

just quit rubbing it in.....feel robbed enough as is!

whinge whinge......complain, sulk, moan, cry, all other horrible things that show that my coupe is no where near what i want, ..... show off.
once it rains here il be visiting timaru. sick of sanding, it sucks so bad! no wonder you paid someone to suffer through it!!! tried to sweet talk wal but unfortuneatley the man is far too smart :cry: so chances are il see you in a couple of days.........
1972 1200 coupe KB110
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

I must be overdue for a visit down your way too. I miss Karens home baking. :lol:
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

LOL. Bart you are welcome anytime you know that....
although Karen's baking was a passing phase, so don't get your hopes up there!

Had an "Oh Fuck" moment last night working on the coupe;...
Was boring a new hole in firewall just below Brake line Splitter T-block, and as I could not get drill in from engine bay side, I went in from the the cockpit side... all went well, and got hole exactly where I wanted, but when I looked at the engine side, when the hole saw went through it just caught the main rear brake hard line, which I had bent out of the way, while I was mounting my fuel pressure regulator.... grrrrrr now means I have to remove all my main fuel lines and form up and replace the longest run if hardline on the car.......
lMoral of story, dont work on car after drinking wine, only beer is safe...

:gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :violin: :violin: :violin:
luke
Datsun Addict

Post by luke »

sigh........ what a car, what a coupe!! what a lot of sanding to be done on mine to make me feel like its even slightly close to this spec! . . . . :deadhorse:
1972 1200 coupe KB110