Nick 1200 sedan Race car - Shit this things needs finishing

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
dattoboy
Datsun Nutter
aka: Bede

Re: Nick 1200 sedan

Post by dattoboy »

Just go crazy nick haha. Looking good man, will pop around in a few days for a look.

classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

If you put stiffening bars forward or rearward of the suspension centrelines make sure they are not on your Cage Homologation Papers and are not seen as part of the cage. I have bars that go down through the chassis rail to the roll bar pick up points and track rod mounts on mine. Roll bar ones mount like the ones in Bede's picture to the strut tower, but are not tied into the cage directly. I see the lower bar going down in the engine bay, you may be able to make it all work, it is a good idea. I have another going back on a angle through the fire wall to the Dash bar from each side.
Just be cautious that all these bars will transmit all the impact energy into the cabin, decreasing crumple, this is good and bad.
Datsuns from A to Zed
kobyn
Datsun Mad

Nick 1200 sedan

Post by kobyn »

My setup

Sent from my iPhone touch using Tapatalk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nick_m
Datsun Master
aka: Nick m

Post by nick_m »

Thanks Kobyn, I had a look at yours. My setup is probably as close. Its the width of the gas sheild on the mig torch from the body work so getting that last inch is a complete ass to do. But I guess I should probably just do it. It would probably bug me if I didnt.

Hey Vaugn, I wouldnt be able to come round and check out your race zed some time? If for nothing else than to have a bit of a lust. I dont think i have ever seen it. Is there a thread up here of it?
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

That would be fine Nick, I'm around this week, you don't have a gas plant and be able to Braise up my sump would you? I'm hoping the "Z Shed" will be a stop on the Garage tour on the 21st.
Datsuns from A to Zed
nick_m
Datsun Master

Post by nick_m »

na sorry cant help there. Wal just lent me his TIG but I havent set it up and had a play yet so.
This arc eye is being a bit of an ass still so might use the opportunity to swing round for a geez. Can you pm me a contact number and ill swing round later this week and catch up
nick_m
Datsun Master

Post by nick_m »

Sorry vaughn, ran out of time. My eye came right and I was straight out into the garage!

Roll cage is finished, I did two bars through to the strut towers in the end. Just sorting out the homologation and Log book for it at the moment. The nerves are high. I will feel much better once I get my bit of paper back saying my cage is legal!
nick_m
Datsun Master

Post by nick_m »

YEAH BOI!!!
Last edited by nick_m on Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

well done that man, you must deserve both a mallow puff and a db
85_Z31
Datsun Master

Post by 85_Z31 »

Keeping it Safe nick :lol: well done.
The Answer to your Question is NEEDS MORE VG30