Introduce Yourself Here

The go to place for all things popular
funkydato
Datsun Dreamer
aka: Pickles

Re: Introduce Yourself Here

Post by funkydato »

David Pickles (get called Pickles most of the time)

Born in Geraldine, moved to Dunners for 13 yrs then back to chch when I was 13.

I am a Wholesale Manager at The Funky Pumpkin, deal with alot of head chefs daily.

I have a partner in Nadine & we have a great wee 2yr old daughter Danica (named after Danica Patrick)

We live in the mighty Christchurch in the bexley area.

My first car was a dirty ke30 rolla.

I now own a dato 310 sunny which I drive daily, & have 2 more on the go trying to get back on the road.
I have a Ministock too (dato) which I have been racing for 7-8 yrs now, I know how some of you feel about us, but we not all the same, I only wreck the ones that are F**d, not the good ones.

Into mucking around in the garage working on the racecar & dato's, keen to help out if anyone needs it too, just let me know if you need a hand, dont mind at all.

Mint!

Pickles
81 b310 Dato (everyday drive)
81 b310 Dato (in storage)
79 Sunny (project on-going)
Ministock (Green, 1200)
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

That explains why I always see your sunny parked outside the mobil on huxley st.
I assumed you must live in that old house across the street.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Datrebb

Post by Datrebb »

Hi everyone im Jimi (AKA) Datrebb amongest other things, none of them have anything to do with underarm bowling and i can hear you guys sigh right now when i say that im from oz. Just joined to read and browse forums from here as well as ozdat so i thought id do the right thing. Im a truckie that i guess love's to drive. Hence i have owned my 1600 for around 22years. l recently restored the 510 for the second time in that period and the resurgence this time around has been done well for now. And thanks lewis for the info.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
M spec
Regular

Post by M spec »

Hi, names Josh. Im from south canterbury. In my 30s, so getting on a bit ").
I haven,t got a dato but always wanted a 1600sss and have become strangly fond of the 240z in resent years (must be age related).
I drive cranes for a living. Im married and got a couple of young boys 4 and 6.
Been around SDU and SSE for a while hence "MSPEC"
Ive got a Nissan parked in my garage and would be keen too get it out for a few cruises with some classics, now and again.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Welcome to the site Josh!
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

Welcome Jimi, Josh.

I too love 1600's so Jimi, a build thread all the way from Melbourne would be awesome. Josh, if you get one pics and a build thread is a must :)
My orangatang 510 here.
M spec
Regular

Post by M spec »

I'll get a 1600 oneday. Was going to be the first car that I wanted to buy when I was 15. Never found one. Got a hillman haha.
Hey-mish
Financial Member
aka: Hamish

Post by Hey-mish »

some of you might know me. Im Hamish, you wont see me on this site often... i dont get along with computers to well.... im 21 and an apprentice auto refinisher (car painter). i have a 76 120Y that i bought when i was 15, resprayed it in the garage at 17 with no idea what i was doing....since then i have aquired a 73 140j and 74? 620 ute... the 140j has a L20B with twin 40s and the ute has a L16 untill i find something to upgrade with. looking forward to being qualified so i can do cash jobs and some better pay
savageoutlaw

Post by savageoutlaw »

I'm Andrew and I have just bought a Datsun Sunny ( 1978, I think its a 120 y?)
Its been done up nicely as I bought it from Josh (first post on this topic)

I do have a few plans for her, hope he don't mind.

Currently a student at Burnside High. NOT a boy racer :lies: ( Used to own a Nissan Z32) But thanks to neighbours, I have seen the light and went into the old school scene.

Learning a bit about cars right now, also a computer geek :|
Just starting to love classics and old school cars right now.. ;)
Keen to help out and learn too
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

welcome andrew, glad to see joshs' car went to someone keen on the old stuff. look forward to seeing you at a cruise once you get your restricted