Trademe/Yahoo Japan Auctions

Sell stuff
DJZ
Datsun God

Re: Trademe/Yahoo Japan Auctions

Post by DJZ »

68p510sss wrote:http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-par ... 439684.htm

and

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-par ... 282532.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am sure these parts where listed by Maldat some time back
Pretty sure that's still Maldat but under a different name.
Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

Sure looks like Maldats prices :shock:

another $1000 would probably get you the matching numbers cigarette lighter..... :lol:
vegie
Datsun Dreamer

Post by vegie »

the guy is a tard.

love how he quotes it as the only one in NZ.

there's another one I looked at recently. dash and all, in far better nick too.
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

vegie wrote:the guy is a tard.

there's another one I looked at recently. dash and all, in far better nick too.
Hey i just asked this on that auction

Hi how do i put these plates onto my 1600 - i would have to revin the car under this (your plates) car and then apply to ltsa to reuse the old black plates. Im a bit confused - could you please explain.

but the next question is - how can you "legally" put these plates onto a 1600 and call it a SSS as we all know that all SSS's have the chassis stamped int the firewall - is he going to sell us the genuine firewall too lol
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

And i just found this on his barry as hiace listing

Swap for a reg and wof Datsun 1600.Prefer pre 1970.1 owner needing full restore is fine.Boy racer bogged up is also fine.MUST HAVE Legal reg and wof. But I don't want the rego.stock engine is fine.what have you got

Oh thats right cos i want a good 69 1600 so i can illegally swap the plates over and call it (a SSS) something it isnt.
68p510sss
Regular
aka: Andrewj

Post by 68p510sss »

Yes I also have one that is registered as 69, as it was sold new after 1 Jan but is actually a 68 model complete with factory tinted windows, correct chassis number below 40,000 stamped in firewall, sss servo syncho gearbox etc.

We will watch with interest the answers to questions and where this goes, thanks for everyone's input

Ps if anyone knows of another 68 sss I would love to hear about it. I first bought mine in 1973 and have never seen another.
70 510 rally car rebuilt and prepared as a classic race car
68 510 sss, retired rally car, currently a bare shell being restored
72 510 sss, awaiting restoration
72 510 sss, retired race car back on the road sold to my son
pl510
Datsun Driver
aka: Shannon

Post by pl510 »

68p510sss wrote:love how he quotes it as the only one in NZ.

Yes I also have one that is registered as 69, as it was sold new after 1 Jan but is actually a 68 model complete with factory tinted windows, correct chassis number below 40,000 stamped in firewall, sss servo syncho gearbox etc.

We will watch with interest the answers to questions and where this goes, thanks for everyone's input

Ps if anyone knows of another 68 sss I would love to hear about it. I first bought mine in 1973 and have never seen another.
Yours clearly doesn't have a dash in it and the one in Auckland with must be a fake, as he is selling the only one in New Zealand.

People that make claims like that grind my gears. with the world the way it is these days there could be 50 here and he wouldn't have a damn clue
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

He's definitely the exception to the rule about datsun folk being GC's.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
denpal
Financial Member
aka: denpal

Post by denpal »

68p510sss wrote:love how he quotes it as the only one in NZ.

You have a rare car! I'd like to see some images. I have a '69 SSS and it is genuine. Brought into NZ in 1970 by the first owner.
broke
Datsun Addict
aka: John

Post by broke »

Kitch wrote:Sure looks like Maldats prices :shock:

another $1000 would probably get you the matching numbers cigarette lighter..... :lol:
:D :D :D

So if he wanted $1000 for a plastic 1600SSS badge I'm guessing he wants 2K for a metal one?