gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Re: Trademe/Yahoo Japan Auctions

Post by gingofthesouth »

datsunboy wrote:
pl510 wrote:
buzzy wrote:SSS 1600

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-ca ... 550260.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Anyone else suspect that's a replica? wrong seats, steering wheel, no bumper overriders etc...
I also notice that it has the front seat belt bolts going all the way through the B-Pillars......don't think I've seen that on any JDM or SSS 1600's before......????
Shouldn't a picture of the stamped chassis number on the firewall put this to rest (IIRC)?
My orangatang 510 here.
chris_g1
Committee Members

Post by chris_g1 »

You're right ginge, so I have asked the question, he has answered, but no picture provided. So, still some doubt. Maybe we should just have 'faith'.
chris_g1
Committee Members

Post by chris_g1 »

He has now put up photos and it is stamped. It sounds like when it was done up some of the original items were not in good condition so were replaced, hence the 'mix and match' thing being sold.
dadams
Datsun Dreamer

Post by dadams »

Pretty lush 1200, 18k starting bid is abit up there though..

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-ca ... 715474.htm
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

That's Aarons 1200 deluxe F/S

Looks mint, hard to put a price on something unique like that, some big $ tipped into it for sure.

trust me (I know) what it costs to do up a 1200!
dadams
Datsun Dreamer

Post by dadams »

Kitch wrote:That's Aarons 1200 deluxe F/S

Looks mint, hard to put a price on something unique like that, some big $ tipped into it for sure.

trust me (I know) what it costs to do up a 1200!

Yea man, I'm hearing ya on the dollar side of things... Would be pretty awesome to see that side by side with your coupe when finished!!
If one was looking for an awesome sedan then that has to be the place to look.

What do you guys think of the pricing though? I know you couldnt replicate this for for that kind of money and being a 1200 owner and enthusiast I would be more than happy to see them start fetching that kind of cash. Unfortunately it seems the 15k mark up seems to be reserved by numbers matching 510 sss's, toyotas (not sure as to why) or mazda rx's. (again, seems to be scene points more than anything)
I for one would be pretty happy to see the humble b110 start pumping out the figures that i believe they are worth for the guys that spend the time and effort to make them the great cars that they are.

Looking at that makes me want to ask the bank for a top on on the mortgage to pour some funds into my wagon, however running that past the wife seems to put a end to that dream for the moment :cry:
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

hard to put a price on something as outstanding as that, be nice to see it go for that sort of money, but even then Aaron will be selling at a loss, the lesson here is if your after a mint example or thinking of building one, then you would be better off spending the 18k now and drive it home.
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

its really the old shall I buy one or build one question.
A lot of people would not understand 18k+ price ticket.
but once you have paid for a (proper) build you would consider this sort of outlay 'next time round' and save years of time, stress & $.

FYI my old sedan I sold as a rolling body with no interior, mags, struts or bumpers for a tad over 7K. was looking for 12k complete. this was half the car Aarons car is.

When I brought my coupe it was cause I could not afford a pre-built car, and also cause I could not afford an RX4 which was what I was wanting. so I brought my coupe (project) for $2,200 as was a cheaper option as a wee doer-upper, man was I wrong...... :lol:
dadams
Datsun Dreamer

Post by dadams »

Kitch wrote:its really the old shall I buy one or build one question.
A lot of people would not understand 18k+ price ticket.
but once you have paid for a (proper) build you would consider this sort of outlay 'next time round' and save years of time, stress & $.

FYI my old sedan I sold as a rolling body with no interior, mags, struts or bumpers for a tad over 7K. was looking for 12k complete. this was half the car Aarons car is.

When I brought my coupe it was cause I could not afford a pre-built car, and also cause I could not afford an RX4 which was what I was wanting. so I brought my coupe (project) for $2,200 as was a cheaper option as a wee doer-upper, man was I wrong...... :lol:
Dont get me wrong, totally not doubting the cost of a project build.. For example, my old 1200 wagon, brought as a "street legal race/club car" with a little rust and needing a motor freshen. long story short, paid just short of 3k for it, spent close to another 10 on it for a a15 freshen up (was a pretty extreme motor however) and some rust repairs + paint and somehow managed to get just short of 9k for it as a rolling shell with a good amount of parts, fresh motor, and a well set up chassis and suspension package (suspension needing a overhaul i.e new shocks/bushes)
I was lucky to get that, and truth be told I rue the day I sold it, still goes down as my worst automotive choice to date. Good news was that it went to Shaun in Masterton (some of you will know him) who is a total 1200 nut, has far more 1200's than I could care to count and I also got my current 1200 wag form him..
Point being, I have always been under the theory of buying somebody elses project that they have poured the cash into, such as I did after that 1200 with a AE85 running a 4agte for much the same money as I sold the wagon for. It was stupidly fast (300bhp) and very, very tidy and set up to stop and corner. Yet, it had to go... Cos at the end of the day it was no 2 door 1200 wagon.
And here I am a few years later with a rusty 1200 wag in the garage and I couldnt be happier about it! Well, maybe if I didnt sell the last one, but thats still a bitter point.

But, I think the point Im trying to say to make is,

A: that sedan is freakn awesome
B: no doubt its worth every cent
C: you could not recreate it for that money

The question is, is Joe public ready and willing to shell out that many clams for a 1200? I dont see it happening is all, people are to strung up on the latest cult classic it seems, and thats good, means its not going to some knuckle head douche bag that cant wear a hat properly cos he thinks a rx323 with a "pulsing bang port" is guna score him more snatch...

Anyhow, thats my rant..

I'd buy it if I was in the market with a fair amount of cash, and by the looks of it, unless Kitch sells up his coupe your not going to find much thats nicer anytime soon..

However, would you shell out that much?
kobyn
Datsun Mad

Trademe/Yahoo Japan Auctions

Post by kobyn »

Interesting not sure I agree with that price but good luck I liked it better when u could pick a 1200 up for $500 a a series engine for $20 I miss owning multiple Datsuns prices have jst sky rocketed over last few years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk