Project VB110!

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Karlos
aka: karlos

Re: Project VB110!

Post by Karlos »

cheers dude thanks heaps for that hope it all works out :)
Datsun: 1973 1200 coupe wagon - VB110
Karlos

Post by Karlos »

I'v tryed a few places about the rubber kits aye proven really hard to get ahaha. all the people are saying they don't have a kit for that model. waiting to hear back from nissan.
Karlos

Post by Karlos »

Can anyone tell me where i can find the vin number on the body of the car? is it under the hood some where hidden? coz i can't find it in the engine bay?????
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

UNless it was japanese assembled, it probably wont have a chasis number stamped on the body.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Karlos

Post by Karlos »

oh really. i'm spose to be taken it in to VTNZ to get a new vin tag made up but they told me they will look around the car to identify the car so how will they do this if there is no id tag or vin number?? i have got info from when it was last reg and wof in nz and vin number on there but will they be good enough for them?? just wana know if they can't indenty the car what will happen??

thanks
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

Karlos wrote:oh really. i'm spose to be taken it in to VTNZ to get a new vin tag made up but they told me they will look around the car to identify the car so how will they do this if there is no id tag or vin number?? i have got info from when it was last reg and wof in nz and vin number on there but will they be good enough for them?? just wana know if they can't indenty the car what will happen??

thanks
My vin was damaged too when sand blasting. Fortunately I took photos and video evidence of the vin on the car damaged before pulling it off.

I have not even shown them that and I too have to take my car in with the old damaged vin so they can identify the car etc. I plan on taking my build photos since mine is soo different form what it was.

I think these photos should help in my cause and think maybe if you have before and after photos that will help with your too maybe?

All speculation of course.
My orangatang 510 here.
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Best of luck guys, I look forward to hearing your stories of how the system works to preserve our heritage.
Datsuns from A to Zed
Karlos

Post by Karlos »

Update of the wagon it is now all painted engine back, have not tryed to run it yet, just in the process of putting it all back to make it a car. will add photos once i take them off the cam 2moro. hope to have the car back on the road in about 2-3 weeks not to sure on how the vining is going to go i am just going stamp the old tag back up and put it on see how that goes.
z18et1200coupe
Datsun Driver
aka: The shed

Post by z18et1200coupe »

here the rear windscreen rubber

http://cgi.ebay.com/DATSUN-NISSAN-1200- ... 895wt_1141" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1976 NA Lancer
1980 Starlet Bugeye (60,000 genuin k's)
1979 Starlet Bugeye
1974 ke25 coupe
1972 1200 coupe z18et
Karlos

Post by Karlos »

I'll get the rest on bit later
Just a few things i'v done to the motor
Double valve springs, Inlet M/FLD recored Radiator, Performance Grind From "Kelford Camtech" new bonnet x2 new guards, Facet Elec Fuel Pump, 40mm Dellorto Carb, S/Steel exhaust system, extractors about $1,500 repairs new master cylinder and stuff, there is alot more but there is too many pages. alot of money and time....$$$
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.