aka: Ging

Re: Quake in Christchurch

Post by gingofthesouth »

Kia Kaha
My orangatang 510 here.
Bezman

Post by Bezman »

gods blessings from half way around the world mates, hope everyone is safe!
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

anybody need anything?
my family went to the central city mcdonalds for lunch, but couldnt find a park so left 15 mins before it hit.
the tilt slab building I was in blew out in the back wall,
its a shit situation. :(
Garth
Financial Member

Post by Garth »

Im all good too..working in cbd in telecom building when it hit...never seen people just loose it entirely..
My car all safe over at yours nick? haha
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Post by datsunboy »

lucky for them Wal!

yeah ditto, I work in CBD, so its possible I wont be back at work for weeks......if anyone needs a hand doing anything, let me know (digging silt e.t.c. or whatever)
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!
nick_m
Datsun Master
aka: Nick m

Post by nick_m »

good too hear the datsun boys and girls are ok. Is there anyone we can think of that hasn't been heard from?
what about 85_z31 (sorry can't remember his name) DJZ? there must be a few more boys

I've been very lucky, not any damage to my house or anything, my work appears all good despite the fact its pretty much sitting on the epicenter. I guess we'll be back in a few days after cranes and building have been inspected.
I'm also now convinced my garage is earthquake proof. I have three 1200 sedans sitting in my double garage (i.e a tight fit) as well as various house stuff stack around them and work benches full of tools and shelving etc. Not a single thing has moved or been damaged.
Emma was bouncing off the walls when she saw her 2 door sedan was completely unscathed.
DJZ
Datsun God

Post by DJZ »

I'm all good, bit of damage to the house and carefully stacked piles of car parts fell over, shelves moved away from the wall and are hard up against the R30 now, no real damage at work where the Z is parked.

Got the power back on around midnight last night, really hope the water comes back sometime soon.

If anybody needs any help or anything let me know, we've got some tools at work that might come in handy for lifting, moving or cutting things up.

Turned on the TV at work yesterday and I was really glad that the first thing I heard was that the Mayor Bob was okay.
Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
85_Z31
Datsun Master

Post by 85_Z31 »

nick_m wrote:good too hear the datsun boys and girls are ok. Is there anyone we can think of that hasn't been heard from?
what about 85_z31 (sorry can't remember his name) DJZ? there must be a few more boys

I've been very lucky, not any damage to my house or anything, my work appears all good despite the fact its pretty much sitting on the epicenter. I guess we'll be back in a few days after cranes and building have been inspected.
I'm also now convinced my garage is earthquake proof. I have three 1200 sedans sitting in my double garage (i.e a tight fit) as well as various house stuff stack around them and work benches full of tools and shelving etc. Not a single thing has moved or been damaged.
Emma was bouncing off the walls when she saw her 2 door sedan was completely unscathed.

Yeah I'm all good

All my family and friends have checked in.

My fiance nearly got taken out by a ceiling coming down but shes fine
The Answer to your Question is NEEDS MORE VG30
nick_m
Datsun Master
aka: Nick m

Post by nick_m »

sweet glad to hear you guys are all good.
I see on Facebook Greg Topp is also safe
TWZTID
Datsun Dreamer
aka: W.I.C.K.E.D

Post by TWZTID »

Got a text from my brother saying the 260 is ready to fall off its blocks...Come home to find he hadent taken it off the blocks for me. We stayed out in Hornby at my olds for the night, after work today I shot over to our cashmere flat we moved our stuff out of & the bedroom window is all over the driveway & the downstairs bedroom blew inwards. I make / install doors & I was skeptical of entering the front door due to weight sitting on it. I had photos but nothing on a digital camera.
On the right is the driveway / window
Red car is a stolen car thats aimed into the lounge where we were sleeping last week (photo taken last week)Up the left is further up the hill & the road is about my knee hieght above where it should be