Datto_610's 180B - Street Legal!

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Re: Datto_610's 180B Currently going back together

Post by brocky41 »

hey dude ive got 185/55r15 - 195/50r15 - 205/50r15 and 215/50r15 tyres (huge spec) :burnout: you can try on - bring me a couple of wheels and ill fit up the sizes you wanna try. :thumbsup:
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

Nothing ridiculous, Brock has some 185/55/15's for me to try, so will get those next week. I don't know how much front camber I will run but going by these new rules not much I would say. Hopefully getting new car tomorrow!!
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Aw yeah! Got a pair of tyre's fitted up to two of my wheels(thanks Brock and Chris W) Made use of the good weather today and did a test fit. Looks pretty mean!

But looking at each side from the top of the guard it look's like something isn't quite right. Passenger side tread pokes out just a tad from under the gaurd and drivers side fits in real nice(that gaurd does have the big dent in it though) Maybe thinking my crossmember isn't centered?? Will do a measure up and see what's going on.

Passengers side

Drivers side

Also thinking I could go a bit lower in the front, but pretty sure the front crossmember is just over 100mm off the ground so maybe not??
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

dont forget your guard is bent?? - id say the guards will need to be pumped slightly as they will sting you for the wheel being outside etc.

If you dont pump the guards mean wheels for laurel.

http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Try this for getting the sizes right for your wheels - 185/55r15 are recommended for 5-6.5 inch wide wheels which is poos :(
85_Z31
Datsun Master

Post by 85_Z31 »

My cross member, needed some time to get it spot on dead center, if you remove both front guards and take a bunch of measurents it will prove that its either the guard, or that it needs some re centering.

Good luck Greg, it looks really awesome !
The Answer to your Question is NEEDS MORE VG30
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

I hope everyone made use of this public holiday as well as James and I did. Started bright and early by picking up a rim from Brock that had a 205/50/15 tyre fitted to it looks pretty mean so will run that on the rear. James and I finished tacking the brackets on for the adjustable rear xmember after A LOT of grinding but hard work pays off and is now ready for final tig welding :grin:. Had some ideas for my rear suspension which are still in the works more news on that soon. Extra good news is that my front xmember is spot on well maybe 1mm out but because the front guards arn't firmly fixed yet it was giving the illusion of uncenteredness yay for that. Have IC pipes getting swages put on the ends and fittings welded on for bov and cold start and idle control, turbo dump pipe is also getting a tidy up and a V band clamp welded on too. All going to plan we can get all the welding back on the weekend for test fitting :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D anywho here's the proof that I actually worked on my car today enjoy!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Datto_610 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

ohh yeah, must feel great to have some progress happening at last.pics look good too by the way.
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Thanks Wal, Im still buzzing on how well today went bring on the weekend!
85_Z31
Datsun Master

Post by 85_Z31 »

And we sussed out most of how the "coilover" and platform rear end will work

and also discovered that LN130 Hilux shocks should be the perfect length, next weekend were
going to unbolt one from my truck and give it a nudge :)

we also found KYB heavy duty Hilux shocks for $35 USD on summit racing USA

and we are chasing up the Thread tap to do the work on the front brake adapters, so we can make use of the struts being removed from the car while we finalize the front ride height.

which we should be able to do one the cross member is fitted - crossmember is already out for welding :lol: :)
The Answer to your Question is NEEDS MORE VG30
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Good work guys.
Greg, you're unstop able once you get going. It just takes a wee push to get you going sometimes.
BIG up's to James for giving you that push.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............