Marks 1973 KHLGC110 Coupe

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
vegie
Datsun Dreamer

Re: Marks 1973 KHLGC110 Coupe

Post by vegie »

correct. clip stays in the diff.

i've had issues with my r200's too. ive fitted several different r200 clsd's in my s12, and the axles dont clip in securely on most of them :evil:

comparing all the axles/diffs i have here, i seems that the spacer in the centre of the diff, between the ends of the two stubs, varies from diff to diff.

i found that the distance from the circlip groove in the stub, to the end of the stub shaft varied a bit.

i ended up just linishing off about 1mm off the end of my stubs, and now they fit and stay in no problems...
mark105
Datsun Dreamer
aka: 10 5

Post by mark105 »

thanks for that info. its quite likely the same problem as to why my stub didnt stay locked in. Should be able to sort it now.
mark105
Datsun Dreamer

Post by mark105 »

got everything sorted and went to dual sprints. need a new set of rear tyres now, didnt do to many b-owts but locker smoked them.

dooorts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOgsJ1yzbIc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Me and a mate tuned it on the thursday before hand and its mint as now. Would be quite happy to remove wideband and just roll it.

Next task. a Cert and more events.
mark105
Datsun Dreamer

Post by mark105 »

So every time i play with my ignition setup i "loose" my tacho due to buggering up the input to it basicly. The tach in this thing is a impulse driven one on the +ve wire. I use the +ve wire from the old coil to turn on the relay that fires up the megasquirt and as such my tacho doesn't even come close to getting a impulse from the coil. Plus when i put the MSD back on you cant hook anything up to the coil any way and the MSD has a square digital out same as the megasquirt.

So i decided i needed to hook the tacho up to the megasquirt so i can play with the ignition to my hearts content. Now if i had a -ve driven tacho a simple tacho adaptor could have been made and away i would go. But no not an impulse tacho. A bit of goolging later as i figured Zed people must mod their tachos to work with newer ignitions and i found this.

http://www.dinoplex.org/tachoconversion/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

pretty much uses a programmed eprom as a signal processor to put a 500mV 1ms induction impulse signal on the original input stage of the tacho. so thanks to a mate he is sorting out burning me a chip and i should be away laughing.

Completed circuit with my finger in there for size comparison. Was a little cunty to make due to needing to be as small as possible to fit inside the instrument cluster.

Could be handy for some other Datsun owners on here.
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

clever bastard :lol: , all those wires that hold the smoke in the circuit boards are well beyond comprehension for someone like myself, I can do the basics of electrical, but as soon as it gets to computer and circuit board stuff, im out lol.
well done on figureing it all out.
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

good work Mark. I have to think about a tacho out from the MS soon to my factory tacho too, I had the guy wire me an output, but I need to do some work to the signal:

I have ouput on pin #5 as tacho signal, as this is what the guy who set it up said:

The tacho wire will go to your tacho. If you have a tacho which was originally fed from the ecu or ignitor you may need to add a 1k resistor between the tacho wire and the 12v feed for the tacho.
If it was origionaly fed from the -ve of the ignition coil, you will need to wire a relay coil (remove the mechanism from the relay) between the tacho wire and +12v to provide the voltage spike required by the tacho. See the link for more on this.
http://www.msextra.com/doc/ms2extra/MS2 ... m#tachoout" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hsepwr
Datsun Nutter
aka: Craig

Post by hsepwr »

the leads and coil look the business mate, you got a good setup there. Cool car im a big fan of these.
I REAKON THE WORD CANT MEANS CANT BE FU%&#CKED
mark105
Datsun Dreamer

Post by mark105 »

Kitch wrote:good work Mark. I have to think about a tacho out from the MS soon to my factory tacho too, I had the guy wire me an output, but I need to do some work to the signal:

I have ouput on pin #5 as tacho signal, as this is what the guy who set it up said:

The tacho wire will go to your tacho. If you have a tacho which was originally fed from the ecu or ignitor you may need to add a 1k resistor between the tacho wire and the 12v feed for the tacho.
If it was origionaly fed from the -ve of the ignition coil, you will need to wire a relay coil (remove the mechanism from the relay) between the tacho wire and +12v to provide the voltage spike required by the tacho. See the link for more on this.
http://www.msextra.com/doc/ms2extra/MS2 ... m#tachoout" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
looking at this http://datsun1200.com/modules/mediawiki ... ter_Wiring" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; you have the same tacho as me. so you are going to need one of these little circuits on your tacho if you are to keep the original one and want to run it from the megasquirt. your tacho wasnt fed from coil -ve so ignore that bit. and you may need a 1k resistor but only maybe, i havent put that in yet and will let you know if it is needed. im still waiting on my eprom to be burnt before i can test the whole setup works.
hsepwr wrote:the leads and coil look the business mate, you got a good setup there. Cool car im a big fan of these.
they do the business too. very happy with the improvement in the ignition.
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

I found that write up a while ago will be getting one of those chips made so I can use the factory tach with the CA. Let us know how it goes!
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Post by datsunboy »

haha, yeah Greg showed me the link to that, and I've built 1 now, and bought enough parts to make about 10 of them for anyone else who needs one.
I have a chip burner for these too if your mate doesn't (its not a normal chip burner)
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!