Post by lewishorrell »

1972 p610 180B SSS
1970 p510 1600
kk-kolonel
Datsun Dreamer
aka: Chris

Re: Johns cedric sgle

Post by kk-kolonel »

This car is just so so so sweet it hurts my everything..

Even though the comments are part of it, I would love to compile all of the build posts from this thread into one continuous thread so I can just admire it without having to scroll through 60 pages of non build stuff..

Congrats on the progress man..
chube82
Regular
aka: chubbah

Post by chube82 »

OMG
that is cool az, as cool if not cooler than the All blacks winning the world cup lol
:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:
SICK MATE
1337cookie
aka: Buddy

Post by 1337cookie »

That IRS setup is so badass. I was thinking of modifying a skyline or similar rear subframe to give my car IRS. But now I feel like I wouldn't be doing justice to the car.
Just wondering where it attaches to the car? to the chassis rails/leaf spring mounts? or have you created new mounts somewhere?
Would you consider making another one? :D I'm sure the price tag would be somewhere close to that of a house.
skdmrx
Financial Member

Post by skdmrx »

1337cookie wrote:That IRS setup is so badass. I was thinking of modifying a skyline or similar rear subframe to give my car IRS. But now I feel like I wouldn't be doing justice to the car.
Just wondering where it attaches to the car? to the chassis rails/leaf spring mounts? or have you created new mounts somewhere?
Would you consider making another one? :D I'm sure the price tag would be somewhere close to that of a house.
Hey Buddy.
If your keen to go IRS I think your plan is the way to go,I saw a really nice shortened R32 GTR subframe in a Celica the other week and it looked so easy.The reason i didnt go that way was coz I didnt want to fabricate towers for the struts but I'm gonna have to do a bit of fab work to fit this anyway so towers might have been the better option.Mine mounts to the front leaf spring mounts and I'll make new chassis mounts in the rear.Yea sorry man,you'd have to pay off my morgage to get me to build another one of these fucken things,theres just to much time in them.Defo update your build thread if you go ahead with IRS tho :beer:
"You make onry one car style!!"
I felt particularly exhausted all my sheet is not subjective
1337cookie
aka: Buddy

Post by 1337cookie »

Ill be buying lotto tickets.

Its good to hear someone like you has faith in the skyline IRS idea I havent seen anyone retrofit a subframe other than Jaguar IRS to american muscle cars.

I was day dreaming about your car today and..
I was wondering what the ratio between your airbag travel and hub/wheel travel was?
Will your rear half shafts sit level at normal driving height (Friction heated floor)? Or did you opt to have a higher ride height if you felt like it?
How tall are your baggies?

I feel like I'm asking for military secrets or something. Your car is unbelievable.
nick_m
Datsun Master
aka: Nick m

Post by nick_m »

airbags in a skyline subframe are a bit average too cause they are strut. You can get air bag struts though Or sealed bags thay I shock run through i think
skdmrx
Financial Member

Post by skdmrx »

Haha thanks,No military secrets around here its open market for the greater good of 330/230's.
Ratio is about 1:1.5 ie airbag travels 4 inches wheel travels about 6.Normal driving height will change on my mood and as chch roads improve but theyre close to horizontal.Im using these http://www.airide.com.au/product_info.p ... 93322847b0 however you can get strut type bags(often used on the front of holdens) that might work with R200 subframe

If you want to come around and take a look just flick me a PM
"You make onry one car style!!"
I felt particularly exhausted all my sheet is not subjective