TUFDAT Datsun 120Y - Now in Hibernation.

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Re: Lisa and Brockys TUFDAT 120Y

Post by brocky41 »

Another update - have fitted the s14 clutch master aswell

acustx
Datsun Dreamer
aka: Greg

Post by acustx »

Hey Brocky,

Looking good there mate.

Just a question......what does the S14 clutch master cylinder achieve?
69' 510 Show car (well will be when its finished)
classicdat wrote:Steady progress beats periods of rapid progress broken up by dicussions with members of local Law inforcement :D
sr1600
Financial Member
aka: Mark

Post by sr1600 »

At a guess i would say space?

whats the part number on that?
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

also the one he had on there had a larger bore, and messed up the whole master cylinder/slave cylinder ratio. brock was saying half pedal travel was full slave cylinder travel. and if you pushed it fully down, the car would coast forward in gear :lol:
brocky41
Financial Member

Post by brocky41 »

yea as dylan said travel was the prob - its a genuine facelift s14 one not the aftermarket replacement ones on t/m (thanks shane) - ratios should be back to normal and more of the cylinder is in the car by 25mm which means it clears the inlet manifold by around 23mm more (2mm gap before did not hit as im on nolothane mounts) :shock: :o :shock:

the only diff is the mounts are on an angle - you can see where ive cut the studs off - be carefull when drilling holes as its very close to the edges of the pedal box and i had to shave a bolt down to suit.

Shoulds be able to do the mean quick changes now and clutch kicks without smashing gears together.
510BRE
Area Reps
aka: shane

Post by 510BRE »

[quote="brocky41"]yea as dylan said travel was the prob - its a genuine facelift s14 one not the aftermarket replacement ones on t/m (thanks shane) -

haha mean glad it fits oh and might i add that is a new zealand new one too with very low mileage :mrgreen:
1972 r/h drive 2dr P510 sedan 98 sr20det in the build
1969 l/h drive 2dr PL510 sedan bre look alike
1972 r/h drive 4dr P510 sedan pretty standard
brocky41
Financial Member

Post by brocky41 »

We went for a drive out over the port hills yesterday and got a few pics

These ones are my Fav

acustx
Datsun Dreamer
aka: Greg

Post by acustx »

Great pics there Brocky, they could almost be postcards, or better yet Datsun ads! :Jelly:
69' 510 Show car (well will be when its finished)
classicdat wrote:Steady progress beats periods of rapid progress broken up by dicussions with members of local Law inforcement :D
brocky41
Financial Member

Post by brocky41 »

Havent updated for a while - got a few pics

after another failed WOF (man this thing just dont go straight through) ive got some work to do.

Rust (again) small patch inner rear sill and firewall (again) should be easy fix this time
Indicator light covered by Tacho - (wiring RH light to LH switch so dont have to move Tacho
Drag link
Ball Joints
Exhaust - Wof man said its only just over what it came out factory with a ;) in his eye - 1x resonator will fix.
Tyres - Got 35,000-40,000 kms out of the AD07 Yokos - Now have 195/50r15 Bridgestone RE11's (thanks Chris) - time for EXTREME GRIP.

Drag link out

Bottom arms and ball joints off - will give everthing a new lick of paint before going back in.

All the new bits ive been collecting -

Ball Joints - wide option - which this al :thumbsup: ready had.
Inner tie rods - may as well do these as the outers were replaced not that long ago
Drag Link - rebuilt by HBI in Sockburn - 3 day turnaround - and they are tapped.

Front springs are getting another coil off to stop the shock being on max extended length all time - will slightly lower the front to :thumbsup: and have got new bearings to use in the tophats as the old ones were poked and missing balls etc.
Am also putting in strut cusions or "bumpstops" as is recomended factory for R31 shocks and will help keep the dirt etc out (they come with rubber cover) and extend shock life.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

How did you find HPI to deal with Brock?
Last time I used them, they struck me as a bunch of rude fuckwits. Last time I used them I showed up to pick up my draglink, and they told me, oh, you're early. And I said I was told it's be ready now. and they just gave me a stone faced look, and said well it's not. bad luck. So I went and sat in my car on the street and did my timesheet for work that day. Then the homo stepped just outside the front doors of the place and whistled. I looked over, and he made a rough beckoning gesture. He couldn't even be bothered walking to the car. and he was most unapologetic that they had fucked me around. I thought they were highly unprofessional. As wel as that, the useless cunts didn't bother putting any grease nipples on them either.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............