Jeremy's 1965 Datsun Bluebird 410

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Bartman
Committee Members

Re: Jeremy's 1965 Datsun Bluebird 410

Post by Bartman »

I understand what you're planning mate, but it's a horrblely inefficeient way to go. The "unused boost" that your relief vale is going to bleed off will still rob power from the crank shaft to pump in the 1st place. Just roll 1:1 drive ratio and either have the TB before the blower, or run a WOT switch.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Post by torqued »

You'll be basically be opening a huge whole in your intake. Robbing vacuum and inlet gases from your engine. think what happens when you pull a vacuum line off your motor or have a leak in your carb , well imagine what will happen with a 38mm hole
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

The other thing would be the AFM would measure the air going into the engine, and you ecu would supply fuel acordingly. So youd get lots of fual, but much of the air would be bled off, and it'd run super rich.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Post by torqued »

take it by your spelling and grammar you've had a few to drink tonight Bart?
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Nah, I'm just super tired.
jeremiahnz
Datsun Driver

Post by jeremiahnz »

Bartman wrote:The other thing would be the AFM would measure the air going into the engine, and you ecu would supply fuel acordingly. So youd get lots of fual, but much of the air would be bled off, and it'd run super rich.
I'm going to be running a map sensor and would bleed off before the TB so that wouldn't be an issue; however as you put the efficiency would be.

This type of setup is typically used on turbo cars with the turbo's matched very closely to the engine, so that they don't overspool as no wastegate is ran on the exhaust side (they pretty much free boost.)

With a turbo setup efficiency isn't such an issue as it is wasted exhaust gasses, not crank drive.

If the supercharger was efficient enough it wouldn't matter too much either (as long as you weren't bleeding too much), however from what I read the toyota ones aren't particulary efficient.

Oh well, thought it was a nice idea to have high/low boost :)
1965 Bluebird 410
1976 Yamaha RD50
jeremiahnz
Datsun Driver

Post by jeremiahnz »

BTW, anyone got any pics of a supercharger mounted on the dizzy side of an A15?
1965 Bluebird 410
1976 Yamaha RD50
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

someone at 1200.com had one set up like that, but I'm fucked if I can remember who it was.
jeremiahnz
Datsun Driver

Post by jeremiahnz »

Yeah I found one, but not many good pics of the actual mount points. Just been looking at it and the mount points I be able to use are the fuel pump (which I am not using as I will run electric), and where I presume the alternator braket bolts up (never had a complete enough A15 to include alternator). Unfortunately they all run in a straight line.
1965 Bluebird 410
1976 Yamaha RD50
suberimakuri

Post by suberimakuri »

yeah, unless you're trying to preserve the engine, might also be more likely to just hit the loud pedal less when not needed, even if higher boost is available.