Nick 1200 sedan Race car - Shit this things needs finishing

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
DylPhil7
Financial Member
aka: DylPhil

Re: Nick 1200 sedan

Post by DylPhil7 »

nice bro, lots of self work which is mint to see! paint is looking mint too man :tits:
nick_m
Datsun Master
aka: Nick m

Post by nick_m »

Its not quite as nice as the pictures suggest. Its Por15 which is a chassis paint that is meant to be able to be brushed on. It brushed on fine but didn't quite meet my fussy standards. No brush marks in it but it did seem to have problems with little air bubbles/wrinkles coming through and being a bit dull in places. I think it may have reacted slightly because I didn't use their marine clean product although most of the parts were sand blasted so who knows.
But at the end of the days its only drivetrain stuff thats going to be covered in dust and road grime anyway! :)
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Would R32 parts be any good? I know of an R32 that is going to the dump this weekend. I'd be able to get it for shit all. What bit do you need?
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
DylPhil7
Financial Member
aka: DylPhil

Post by DylPhil7 »

haha yeah mate at least its not like mine. engine bay just cleaned and coated in flat black haha that certainly wouldnt meet your standards! :lol: oh well like you said just gets coverd in shit anyway lol
nick_m
Datsun Master

Post by nick_m »

Yeah Bart R32 would be sweet. I'll take it if its free (or really cheap), I was just looking at my tank this afternoon and am tempted to make my own cradle to hold the datsun fuel sender and CA18det pump I got. But I could definitely make a skyline one work if its the right price.
The fuel pump/sender cradle bolts into the top of the fuel tank, On my sentra there was an inspection hatch under the back seat to get to the fuel pump, skyline should have one somewhere so shouldn't need to drop the tank. Just cut the fuel lines, undo the bolts holding the cradle to the tank (about 6 all up IIRC) and pull it out as an assembly. Grab any rubber O rings or gaskets too if there is any.
I can give you a hand if you want.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

I'll ask the chick tommorrow if the tank is still there.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
nick_m
Datsun Master

Post by nick_m »

cool thanks bart
nick_m
Datsun Master

Post by nick_m »

Oh also I've changed the pedal box since then, the old mounting (pictured) looks like balls so I cut it out and replaced it with a much tidier setup. Also Looking at those pictures I can see the master cylinder placement pissing me off so that will probably change later knowing me.
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

good to see some work nick, keep it up 8-)
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

I sprayed my po15 with a compressor on to my subframe, cross member etc and came up real nice! Why did you go with brushing?