Datto_610's C31 Laurel Pillarless Sedan

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
DJZ
Datsun God

Re: Datto_610's C31 Laurel Pillarless Sedan

Post by DJZ »

Try Mainland Windscreens, they list one on their website.

http://www.mainlandwindscreens.co.nz/wi ... Models/534
Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

Sweet will do! But is taking an old one out something I can do/bribe someone to do? No doubt there will be some cancer underneath :(
DJZ
Datsun God

Post by DJZ »

Depends how it's held in, the R30 windscreens are just glued in, I've got a removing tool if you want to give it a go.
Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Yeah pretty sure mines glued, will wait til I'm back from my tropical holiday in Raro :D would also need somewhere dry to put the Laurel while the screen is out. There's still water getting in with the screen in though so might not matter haha. Tarp and gaffa tape would probably be alright for a while?
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Better than nothing mate.
Maybe we could store it down the road from you (short term) for a nominal fee.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

That would indeed be a good plan.
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Had the post cruise motivation buzz this weekend! Bart came over last night and rarked me up into removing the trim round the windscreen in prep for the windscreen removal. That was a piece of cake a bit too easy I think.... So this afternoon with a bit of help from Kirsty got the windscreen out yay! Although I now need a new one :( Cracked pretty quick was trying to be careful but oh well s*hit happens! Was quite a mission actually that glue stuff doesn't come off easy. It's not too rusty behind the screen will have to give it a go over with a wire wheel and re asses. New screen it is! Hopefully I can track one down.... If so I'll talk to the dude who advertises himself on Oldschool as Southern Autoglass. Did a pretty good job of Karl's Mk2 Cortina wags screen I hear.

Also started putting together my new garden shed with Kirsty's help. Nothing better than a chick who knows how to use a drill! Once I get the roof on I'll put all my spare bits and bobs in it and make more room in the garage to do work on the 180B. Manual conversion coming up soon.

Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Made use of the good weather today and borrowed the old ladys heat gun to dry out the window frame of the Laurel so I could scrape the old sealant off and apply some rust converter. So with the help of my beautiful assistant we prepped the frame so I could apply some CRC rust convertor that Bart kindly lent me. When this stuff dries it turns into a black rust proof primer so I'm quite confident I'm ready for a new screen! :D Did two coats so hopefully that's enough. Will call Jeremy at Southern Autoglass http://www.southernautoglass.co.nz/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and get a qoute so I get er done!

But I may need to find more of these little clip things that were around the window frame, some of them are pretty much non existant any thoughts??

Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Gave Jeremy a call at Southern Autoglass yeserday and got a price for a new screen fitted. Going to be around the $218 mark but as it's in Auckland at the moment I could be looking for an extra $50 on top of that to get it here :( So going to need to start saving hard! Otherwise I won't be able to make the Hanmer cruise!
nzmax
aka: Steve

Post by nzmax »

The windscreen bed doesn't look too bad at all. Must have been a bit of a relief finding that it wasn't too bad.
Current: 1962 Prince Skyline Deluxe, 1985 C32 Nissan Laurel 2.4GL 5spd.

Previous: 1965 Prince Gloria 6, 1985 C32 Nissan Laurel 3.0SGX V6 Hardtop, 1982 C31 Datsun Laurel 2.4 Hardtop, 1982 910 Datsun Bluebird 2.0, 1979 810 Datsun 180B.