Datto_610's 180B - Street Legal!

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
DJZ
Datsun God

Re: Datto_610's 180B - Wheels spinning!

Post by DJZ »

Yeah sounds like the rod is adjusted too long.
Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

That's what I thought too.... and it didn't look like it had been tampered with. So anyway unbolted the m/c and adjusted the push rod but when I put the m/c back on the brakes were jammed on again..... also I couldn't actually push the m/c flush against the booster I had to tighten the nuts up to close the gap :/ so after a bit of head scratching I thought I've had all this fitted up before and nothing was jammed the only thing that's changed is the booster has been recoed. I had a bit of a eureka moment and thought what will happen if I bleed the resoivor's and lo and behold the brakes freed up! Started her up and she idled all on her own! The previous day I was holding my foot on the gas to keep it from stalling til it warmed up. I'm guessing what happened is that I've bled the system with a leaking booster and now that I've got a recoed booster it put extra pressure on the system maybe? Well anyway went for a blat and man the brakes feel much much better! I will bleed the calipers again to be certain there is no air bubbles but other than that I'm pretty happy with the brakes now!
tlssunny
Financial Member
aka: jesse

Post by tlssunny »

so it will be cert next week then???? ready for Rakaia cruise????
RDAP- Rakaia Datsun b310 Auto Parts
TLS- The Late Shift Restoration Services
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Haha we'll see still need $$ for tyres etc
tlssunny
Financial Member

Post by tlssunny »

shouldn't cost more than 400 for some ling longs aye????
Datto_610
Datsun God

Datto_610's 180B - Wheels spinning!

Post by Datto_610 »

Haha na no way am i getting ling longs! Started working consistently on this again so last night jacked her up on to stands so I could bleed the calipers again but that's as far as I got as I had someone check the laurel out last night so here's hoping they buy it! Spent the evening test fitting my rca's I bought off John and the spacers that Daniel made for me but I need to borrow a die grinder because there is a blob of weld on the bottom of the strut preventing me from bolting it all up properly. If anyone has a cordless or an electric die grinder that would be choice as I don't have an air compressor but can borrow one if I really needed too.

I also changed the castor rodImageImage bushes as the guys from Chamberlains mentioned that the crush tube on the bush was quite a big bigger diameter than the castor rod itself which isn't ideal so seeing as I work at the right place I got that sorted out! Looks like autolign sold me 510 caster rod bushes that also fit a few other datsuns as well I think nolathane part number is 48010. Seeing as I don't need them they are up for sale!Image
Datto_610
Datsun God

Datto_610's 180B - Wheels spinning!

Post by Datto_610 »

Ok so now I'm a bit confused.... we sell a maxitrack brand equivalent to the nolathane 48010 which has two different sized crush tubes included in the set, with one size being perfect! As the ones I've put in the crush tube is smaller than the hole in the castor rod mount so don't know if that would be an issue or not as I'm pretty sure it can't move around as it's done up pretty tight but I can get these other ones if I need to pics for better explanation ImageImage
One on the left being the perfect sized crush tube
tlssunny
Financial Member

Post by tlssunny »

ok so obviously someone hasn't taught you how to be dodgy at appco, order another pack of bushes in, swap the crush tubes out and your away laughing......................
tlssunny
Financial Member

Post by tlssunny »

oh and found a spare wheel for you lol

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... 1016820436" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Haha well that's an idea.... oh man sweet rim! That's what I wanted to put on originally