Love those wheels so hard man!
Well done on your hard work!
crustywhip
Datsun Addict
aka: Kane

Re: Kanes B210 wagon

Post by crustywhip »

ITS ALIVE :D
Connected the battery and found power in places it shouldnt be aswell as alot of missing wires. Decided to swap the loom from the other car and it keyed over and into life. No photos of the car today but all is going to plan and the exhaust will be made up on sunday thanks to a friend of mine.
I took these the otherday while bike riding. Karori and Wellington harbour.
Looking towards the south island. 180 degress from the above photo with me in the hat.
Current whips: 1976 120y datsun van-1977 JZX31 toyopet markII coupe-1984 Toyota markII supercharged -Yamaharley XV 500
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

Sweet bro. not far off now to be cruising in it :)

Sweet bike tracks I used to mountain bike them when I lived up those ways.
My orangatang 510 here.
crustywhip
Datsun Addict
aka: Kane

Post by crustywhip »

So we now have a new exhaust. Dad and me made a huge list on saturday night of things that needed to be done to drive it safely 70km round trip to get the exhaust made. Was an epic rush and felt just like a discovery show. I hadnt even drivin it or knew what it would drive like so once the fluids were in we were off. It run a little rough but sat on 100km and made it there and half way back before dad flagged me down and drove the rest of the way because he wanted to drive. When I find our list Il take a pic of it.
Big ups to my Dad, Charlie my boy (He was with me from early morning till we finished and hes not even 2) and James who made time to do it and did an awesome job, payment was in favors so thats even better.
Im waiting on new rear shocks and the left tie rod end and will be fitting interior over the week. Electrics all work mint and car felt reallly nice on the road. 2 new tires are going on this week so I can run the same rims all round.
Fitted a new loom and tacho dash. Door panels will be done this week.
New muffler and hotdog with 2inch pipe. Thanks to my work.
Il be triming the pipe so it runs with the line of the rear well. You cant see any of the system while behind the car :thumbsup:
Tool box, socket set, spare wheel, gas can, tow rope and datsun 120y manual, check.
Iv had such a good week with the car. Nothing went wrong, any one who I needed parts off always gave me deals, For my tires they gave me an order number and said get them when I want which means Il know how much they cost and Il fit them my self. Pretty happy atm.
Current whips: 1976 120y datsun van-1977 JZX31 toyopet markII coupe-1984 Toyota markII supercharged -Yamaharley XV 500
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

stoked for you man, coming together nicely
DylPhil7
Financial Member
aka: DylPhil

Post by DylPhil7 »

Il be triming the pipe so it runs with the line of the rear well. You cant see any of the system while behind the car
i like it hanging out the side like that lol :tits:
mint16
Financial Member
aka: Brendan

Post by mint16 »

gonna be a sweet wagon dude!!
72 Datsun 1200 Wagon
86 Toyota AE85 Trueno 4AGE ITB
z181200
Datsun Mad

Post by z181200 »

Yeah leave it hanging out lol it looks sweet! Sometimes if you cut them off short you get exhaust soot over your car.
Jaimesix
Regular

Post by Jaimesix »

z181200 wrote:Yeah leave it hanging out lol it looks sweet! Sometimes if you cut them off short you get exhaust soot over your car.
X2!!! :thumbsup:
Datsun 610/180B
Datsun 710/140J (L20B)
Mazda RX7 FD.
Suzuki Samurai/Sierra.
Honda CB750F DOHC..
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Id be more concerned with Exhuast fumes getting into the cabin. If your rear hatch seal is less than 100% perfect, (Hey it is an old car) the vacuum created by the car as you drive down the road can actually draw fumes in past the seal. I've owned at least four vehicles that did this. And I can tell you it sucks balls!
Plus that tail pipe looks sweet as to me. :thumbsup:
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............