Datto_610's 180B - Street Legal!

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
85_Z31
Datsun Master

Re: Datto_610's 180B - Wheels spinning!

Post by 85_Z31 »

Sweet progress Greg

Manifold leaks are the worst, if it comes to removing the manifold put a straight edge over it and check the manifold for twist and straightness with a feeler gauge

It's like the cast iron relaxes or moves around, i have always had to have mine machined or they never sealed.

can be done with glass and sandpaper if you have the time, or the machine shop if you have the dollars.
The Answer to your Question is NEEDS MORE VG30
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

Thanks for the tips James!
Datto_610
Datsun God

Datto_610's 180B - Wheels spinning!

Post by Datto_610 »

Gave Bart a hand lift out a J series engine out of a caldina that he picked up from Hayden in Oamaru, so in return he machined my locators down so they would fit into the bottom of the strut properly. Now that I've got that sorted I'll drop them off to my old work to get satin black anodised and installed for good! (Hopefully..) haven't taken manifold off yet but may just end up buying the mlsr gaskets anyway. Might have to get Datsunboy to have a last look over my electrics so I've got everything working properly before cert!ImageImageImage

Also knocked up this tool board yesterday as I'm forever looking for tools when I work on this. Pretty chuffed with end result.Image
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Dropped off bits for anodising yesterday will hopefully get those back today so struts can go back in! Also got new seat belts through work as the ones in there were too short and I was really sucking it in to get them clipped up hahaha. Lee (Monty) came around last night to check out my adjustable sub frame and to just pine over the B in general, he sold me my first ever 180B nearly 10 years ago now! I really must've had my head in the clouds when I thought RB and CA had the same bolt spacing for the exhaust manifold as they really aren't....

Luckily I had a look at work before buying them... so will have to pull manifold off probably replace gaskets and smother in rtv! I managed to lock my keys in the B last night too and don't have any spares....:oops:
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Post by datsunboy »

Just flick me a text greg

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Want me to come nd break in?
Datsuns from A to Zed
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Are the lock knobs round or flat?
If they're round, I could have us in in no time...........
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Haha oops tapatalk doesn't always tell me I have a notification so haven't checked this. Borrowed a break in kit from guy at work and had it open in a jiffy! Was almost too easy..... Got bump steer spacers back from anodising still yet to fit them... also after a bit of a debacle with NZC I finally got my cometic multi layer steel exhaust gaskets! Still need to remove manifold and check for straightnessImage
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Bump steer spacers are in! What a mission they were to get in! Mainly just trying to get everything at the right angle to get the bolts to start threading in!!

It wouldn't be a project without something going wrong once I've just achieved something.... the sway bar links butt up against the strut!! After a bit of pondering obviously they won't fit seeing as I've moved the control arm 28mm..... so looks I'll need longer sway bar links to remedy that better buy another set of universal sway bar links Image
MONTY
Datsun Dreamer

Post by MONTY »

Oh it all looks so shiney!!! So jealous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk