Datto_610's 180B - Street Legal!

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

Hahaha yup I certainly have a knack for making things more difficultl than they need to be!
Bartman
Committee Members

Re: Datto_610's 180B - Wheels spinning!

Post by Bartman »

I heard this thing is a runner again? :beer:
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Datto_610
Datsun God

Datto_610's 180B - Wheels spinning!

Post by Datto_610 »

You heard correct! Changed plugs and some fresh fuel and she started first pop! Runs much smoother now too no crackles and pops under load as well! So will stick with the BCPR6ES-11's for a while and maybe go back to iridiums one day but they ain't cheap! Got longer brake hoses for the front and got them fitted too. Rims are currently at chamberlains getting tyres fitted so hopefully have those back today!!

Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Got rims back from Chamberlains on Friday ended up with Goodyear Eagle F1 directional 5's look like quite a nice tyre! Bart came over as I finished work on Saturday and pointed out my brake hoses still weren't legit and suggested I take another look at the write up about the conversion and see what hoses were used. There was no mention of which hoses were used but it was pretty easy to tell that they just had a shorter hose with no mount in the middle so just went to hardline by the body straight to the caliper. I had a bit of a eureka moment and remembered that I bought two front 280zx brake hoses from work a while ago when messing with the rear brake lines. Now because James and I knocked the bubble flare out of the caliper to use banjo bolts I couldn't use a double flared hose. Which was ok because the 280zx hoses were only a single flare! So gave them a go and they work perfectly! I might get a sway bar link bush and cut a slit in it so I can attach to the hose in case it rubs on the spring.

So once the brakes were bled(again!) It was time for a test drive, just went around the block a few times just cruising didn't want to draw attention or thrash it incase something went wrong haha.

Last week I picked up Luke's guard roller and rolled the lips up all around as the rears were rubbing for sure and did fronts just in case too. But the guard roller isn't that great for lowered cars which is funny as that's what they get used for so the front wheels rub on the front of the arch at full lock. Any ideas?? Quite keen to get that sorted asap. After my joyride I took this pretty sweet photo getting so close now!!
ImageImage

Is this 'stance'??
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Post by datsunboy »

Awesome greg!
Don't bother going back to the iridium plugs, they fowl up all the time and are a waste of money. Stick with standard plugs

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

Looks like the guards just need a trim with the tin snips, common problem with the 1200,s as well.
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Oh yeah?? Got some tin snips here if you feel like giving it a go tonight Wal haha
chris_g1
Committee Members

Post by chris_g1 »

Not to long Greg looking good mate.
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Went for a causual DRIVE to Wal's tonight to get the guards trimmed up a bit to clear the tyres when turning. So stoked and he did it while I waited! Was only a short drive as I'm lucky enough to live pretty close to Wal. Was the first decent drive I've taken her on and I wasn't disappointed! Still a few kinks to iron out with the motor but otherwise pretty good! Off down the road again tomorrow evening to see Nick!

classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Thought it was you on Marshlands Rd. Great to see it out and about. Getting exciting.
Datsuns from A to Zed