Beaver's 120y coupe

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
beaver
Datsun Nutter

Re: Beaver's 120y coupe

Post by beaver »

Datto_610 wrote:Looking so good! Did you end up trimming the calipers down to fit the street fins??
yep, ummed and ahhed but thought fuck it, may as well haha. lick of black paint and you cant even tell ive touched them.
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

Sweet, was definitely worth it!
beaver
Datsun Nutter

Post by beaver »

Right quick update.

Just got back from trip away for christmas and new years etc. Day before we left the carb started pissing petrol everywhere and I suspect it was a jammed float (I figured this out afterwards mind you), so had a rather frantic night in the shed stripping, cleaning and reassembling carb.

Long story short, ticked up over 2000kms over a couple of weeks, with only a couple of hickups (my fault). Had so many piners along the way so it all makes up for it.

(boot/backseat was full of shit hence gay rake.....)

Wof is due March so have a few things to sort out for that (found some rust, and need to get front springs captive/shorten shocks). Will then look at aquiring a15 and manual gear.

Discussion http://oldschool.co.nz/2011/forum/index ... e__st__120" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
beaver
Datsun Nutter

Post by beaver »

Doing some things Ive been meaning to do for a while and also geting things sorted for a WOF.

Front struts are out, need to get 20mm taken off inserts (unfortnatly the original oil filled gear has been replaced).
Replaced sway bar linkend bushes with new nolothane (what a ripoff....)
Dummied up chin spoiler, needs some tweaking.
New oil filter and oil change
Diff oil change
crustywhip
Datsun Addict
aka: Kane

Post by crustywhip »

Chin looks good. Where did you secure the centre hole? I did mine above the hole in the valance and looks as though it may sit higher than your one.
Current whips: 1976 120y datsun van-1977 JZX31 toyopet markII coupe-1984 Toyota markII supercharged -Yamaharley XV 500
beaver
Datsun Nutter

Post by beaver »

I mounted it hard against the lip at the bottom of the valence. The hole in the valence is above the spoiler lol looks a bit funny but meh. Screwed it all up and is solid as, looks so sweet.cant wait to get it rolling again
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

Beaver, I mounted the chin on my old 120Y in same place, looks like its meant to be there I reckon.
and thats where it fitted the body best, and the lines at bottom of front guards looked like thats where
it should go I.M.O

Some pics of my old Y with spoiler fitted

beaver
Datsun Nutter

Post by beaver »

yeh I had a quick look at yours to see how youd done it, way to go I rekon. Also means the screw holes are a bit out of site if you ever wanted to take it off.

And it puts the lip closer to the ground/snow plow
beaver
Datsun Nutter

Post by beaver »

Back together again

had the shocks shortened to suit the springs and did some stuff I knew it needed for WOF next month.

needs more low.....and I need to paint the door/window frames black like this one,

beaver
Datsun Nutter

Post by beaver »

mmmm polished fins......