Johns cedric sgle

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Re: Johns cedric sgle

Post by classicdat »

Head unit does have FM so what more could you want, I think Mark's idea works well. And with the rest of the car being sooo original why would you not keep the Radio as well.
I was just telling the girls the other day about the heater controls in that car, seeing it here reminds me, having the "Bi-Level" Can't believe other cars never had/have it, it is great! Toasty toes and a cool head :)
Datsuns from A to Zed
z181200
Datsun Mad

Post by z181200 »

What Mark said!
skdmrx
Financial Member

Post by skdmrx »

classicdat wrote: And with the rest of the car being sooo original why would you not keep the Radio as well.
I was just telling the girls the other day about the heater controls in that car, seeing it here reminds me, having the "Bi-Level" Can't believe other cars never had/have it, it is great! Toasty toes and a cool head :)
Haha bi level is next level,no car is complete without it.
Yea ill keep it,not gonna run an amp tho.Can I just run both headunits to the same speakers or will something explode?
Couldnt make it to dyno day but day was not a complete waste,spent the whole day getting wiring shit or witching shit get wired,solved a few problems and pretty much everything is working again!bloody awsome. Brake leak turned out to be the master cylinder so I'll rebuild that this week.Hand brake now feels good coz I changed the pivot,but changing the pivot meant I had to recut the teeth that the handle ratchets on.Fucksake,can anything just be factory
"You make onry one car style!!"
I felt particularly exhausted all my sheet is not subjective
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

skdmrx wrote:Fucksake,can anything just be factory
Hello, Have you seen the rest of your thread? :lol: Nope, not much factory here. ('Cept maybe a radio) lol
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Post by datsunboy »

Haha how awesome is that, custom machined handbrake ratchet.
Better hope you never beagle anything on your car our you'll have to machine up a new custom replacement lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!
skdmrx
Financial Member

Post by skdmrx »

Yea thats what worries me,I'm up for 20 hours of machining if I bend a suspension arm!

Stoked with progress of late.Picked up my super lush seats off Lewis last weekend and Marks been going nuts on my wiring,all gagets and gizmos are working and alarm/central locking got polished off today.Brakes are all done(no leaks this time).I've been working on the air bag system which is close to completion and just finishing stuff off.For the first time in 4.5 years I filled up the tank from the filler and started it up with a finished fuel system.This week is exhaust,finishing airbag plumbing,oil catch can,installing dash and maybe some interior.Dang I'm getting excited
"You make onry one car style!!"
I felt particularly exhausted all my sheet is not subjective
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

wow thats great to hear, bet your stoked you can turn the key and hear the almighty roar of those octothrottles, RUAPUNA yeahboy.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

I bet that was a good feeling!
I wannna come on a cruise in this beast when it's done. Be a non sober driver, and be serenaded buy the virtuoso octet!
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Post by Dattochriswagon »

Excellent John!
Was thinking of this car when we were cruising in Aarons Gloria,Fresh;s GX71,Dans 510.So much small wheel low ride height pine! Cant wait to see yours in this pack
unlimitedpower
Datsun Mad

Post by unlimitedpower »

You could run both units to the same speaker not problem. You may just need to run a series of change over relays to them at most. But im sure it could be done very simply with no worry of blowing anything up. A change over relay between the two units would also make it impossible to have them both running at the same time.