Johns cedric sgle

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Seibu Keisatsu
Datsun Dreamer

Re: Johns cedric sgle

Post by Seibu Keisatsu »

Hey John me and a friend from Dunedin are coming up to see the drifting and look at a car he's buying in Chch this weekend and meet up with mates all Datsun nuts blah blah. Was really wondering if we could come take a look at the 330 and see how it's all going? Free all Sunday for that if you're keen. You may remember my 230 was parked beside your Coupe at SFoS last year?

Cheers Zeb.
http://gx61.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
skdmrx
Financial Member

Post by skdmrx »

Hey zeb.i sent you a PM this arvo

had a big night last night getting the cedric on the trailer,then removing all the suspension so it was all ready to go to the sandblasters this morning.dropped it off 1st thing .theyre gonna have the underbody all blasted by the weekend.from there its straight to milne panel and paint for primer,seam sealant and gravel coat.It all seems to be coming together at once this week,the foundry assures me my ITB's will be cast this week(im not holding my breath)and im gonna start machining some crossmember parts.that should keep me outa trouble for a while.ill get pics up as soon as these plans start comming together.
"You make onry one car style!!"
I felt particularly exhausted all my sheet is not subjective
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Post by Dattochriswagon »

Choice John! Sounds like your on full steam again!
skdmrx
Financial Member

Post by skdmrx »

yea man back in business.

cast the 1st itb today,its a bit crappy on the rectangle flange because there wasnt enough draft angle on the pattern which made it hard to remove from the sand.fixed that now so the next ones should be mint.gonna cast another 8 so this one will be a spare.

itb straight after being smacked out of the sand,still has runners and risers on

itb after runners and risers have been cut off.notice crappy finish on flange

datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Post by datsunboy »

good stuff!
always cool to see how these things get done 8-)
I knew you had to have risers e.t.c in a casting, but didnt realise just how much scrap alloy there is after.
Im sure they melt it down and re-use it tho?
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!
skdmrx
Financial Member

Post by skdmrx »

i dont know as much as i should about casting but its quite amazing what they can make out of sand!ill take pics of the moulds next time they make them.yep they reuse the runners and risers.the runner is the big growth comming out of the injector buldge.the other 3 are risers theyre on all the high parts of the mould to avoid airlocks.basicly they pour the molten alli down the runner untill the risers fill up.thats about all my knowledge on casting!
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

What purity is the aluminuim used? If the molten metal has other metals in it, it makes casting odd shapes easier as the metal is more free flowing. Thats why carbs are made of shit metal, it makes casting with passages already in place easier.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

Wow Bart you always impress me with just how much you know about all sorts of shit, hard to beleive your last name is simpson :D
also.... good god John your raising the bar so high that everyone around here is getting castrated just trying to keep up, wicked idea making your own throttle bodies.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Yep, I'm a mind of useless information :idea:
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
skdmrx
Financial Member

Post by skdmrx »

got my car back from sandblasting this morning...and it comes with a brand new free windscreen.why does it come with a brand new free windscreen you ask? because they sandblasted my old one,opps.the sand shot thru the gear lever hole and hit the windscreen.bit of a hassle cos i wasnt gonna take it out but wont be to bad.apart from that wee mishap they did a good job and didnt turn up any nasty rust or anything.should be back home with new gravel coat etc by friday.