Kitchs 1200 Coupe - road legal!

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
crustywhip
Datsun Addict
aka: Kane

Re: Kitchs 1200 Coupe - new trumpets!

Post by crustywhip »

Very nice Kitch. Liking your direction and cant wait to hear it when shes going.
Current whips: 1976 120y datsun van-1977 JZX31 toyopet markII coupe-1984 Toyota markII supercharged -Yamaharley XV 500
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

Got my laser cut alloy flanges today :mrgreen:

Now need to get my machinist mate to turn up the inlet tubes, from my lump of 2" alloy billet....
Will then machine in for injector pockets, and have all welded up.

Unsure whether I will get to a good finish, to enable me to have manifold polished (I am hoping so)
or whether I have to go for an abrasive type textured finish.. time will tell

Nothing else much happening, just buying relays and fuses and stuff, so I can play "auto electrician" over the xmase period and wire up the ECU. Also just got another EDIS kit imprted as I needed the coil & leads, as previous kit was COP (coil on plug) type. Also brought an innovate LM1 O2 sensor for lamda measurement/control.

Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

Oh and thanks for the positive comments guys!

All going well the shell is off for panel and paint in a few weeks too!
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Sweeeet!
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

Took the car out to the panel shop yesterday!

Not much else to report, other than some new goodies turned up from the States:

Also my new H165 diff turned up, so will get that stripped, cleaned up and powdercoated

I hope that the panel and paint will be completed by early March, and then I can fit it all out over the winter and get it certified etc, so I can hopefully have it on the road july/August.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Awsome!
Those Innovate widebands are a wonderful tool. I have one here that I should have given back to it's owner yonks ago. If you use the data loging feature, you can get you engine tuned primo-ly.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
timas datsun
aka: timas

Re: Kitchs 1200 Coupe (long over due thread...)

Post by timas datsun »

Kitch wrote:Sodiumblasting down here in Timaru was pretty reasonable ( 3 years ago at least it was..), although I put it sort of through my mates business for an even sweeter cash deal.

The whole car was like $750 with some extra panels, and they took real good care of it, no stretched or warped panels!

I got another set of doors done and two full rear 1/4 panels down later for like $120 from memory.

I am a pen pusher by day, so stripping and sanding is not my gig - so money well spent I reckon! :thumbsup: cost me another $500 or so to get my mates painter to blow it all down in epoxy 2 pac primer or whatever it is called
duropox its a resene dupont product ! hadlee and every one thats used it swears buy it ! best you can buy for its price ! 4 litres hardner ect for under 200$ a kit ! :thumbsup:
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

How far would that go Simon? I'll be going down that route when I have my charger soda blasted. And you sound like you know what you're talking about when it comes to paint. (Plus your 1200 came out faaarking nice!)
timas datsun
aka: timas

Post by timas datsun »

Bartman wrote:How far would that go Simon? I'll be going down that route when I have my charger soda blasted. And you sound like you know what you're talking about when it comes to paint. (Plus your 1200 came out faaarking nice!)
depends on your painter.. i like to hose it on ah !! a 5 litre kit would probly do it ah .. if it was mine id give it 2 realy thick coats!! only thing is your gota leave it a week to fully cure !! :baseballbat:
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

That wont be a problem. I have all the time in the world.