Garth's 4age B110

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
1600sss
aka: Gazz

Re: Garth's FJ20ET GB120 Ute

Post by 1600sss »

Some mean inspiration... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S14idSmZ ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1972 510 SSS FJ20ET
1988 Mazda HC3S Luce 13B Turbo
Garth
Financial Member

Post by Garth »

Located in good old Christhchurch man. haha that sure is inspiration..i can see myself doing that down moorehouse or something hahaha
Garth
Financial Member

Post by Garth »

Needing some advice in regards to the plates....so the rego on the ute is lapsed which i knew about when purchasing it but wanting some advice around getting it all re-done.

Anyone be able to take me through what is involved and the costs involved? Have a mate who has said build it back to standard as you have to do it that way to get it done and then do my work I have planned from there? However it all sounds a bit dodgy etc. And although I am all about saving some coin I am wanting to do all (hmmmm most), of this build to the book.

Any advice would be great
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

easiest way is to rind some live plates for it.
Here is a thread regarding rereging a lapsed vehicle. http://www.oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewto ... =1&t=12930" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Garth
Financial Member

Post by Garth »

Cheers bart. im trying to track down the last registered owner but meanwhile im looking for live plates haha. where in chch is the best place for sand blasting? and what kind of preperation needs to be done?
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

I have a guy, that I use, he does mostly soda blasting

Mike Pearce
Blastaway
021 419 186

Tell him I sent you
nick_m
Datsun Master
aka: Nick m

Post by nick_m »

Yup as wal (2 doors) said, Just strip it right back and get it blasted and primered. I reckon before you start anything else.
If the place who does the blasting can spray it in epoxy primer then get them to do that too (just gets it out of the way in one step and gets it sealed real quick)
Then you can just fix the rust and know that its all good to go with modifying.
Give me a bell if you need any work done. I'm relatively handy on a welder these days. Wals also the man to see if you need a hand with nasty rust repairs and panel and paint
Garth
Financial Member

Post by Garth »

ill go see him tomorrow. ute is mostly stripped now so definately starting to come across the bulk of the rust. will definately need a good hand with a welder id say at some point haha. dont have one myself so will let you know. will hopefully try get as much done myself as i can but help from the pro's is always appreciated 8-)
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

pics or ban ;)
Garth
Financial Member

Post by Garth »

will get some more up tomorrow :)