Re: 910 Wagon Project

Post by brocky41 »

Mean - our old orange wheels come up good on the 910
sssx
Regular
aka: adrian

Post by sssx »

car looks sweet on those widened steelies man what size are those tyres?
imo waste of time trying to find a series 3 xmember in nz just make/get someone to make some engine mounts to go from engine to xmember. shouldnt need to mod the sump. at least if you do custom mounts youre not pissing round trying to find rare parts and you will know for sure itll fit. iv seen pics of a ca18 fitted to a series 3 (I think) xmember and the rubber mounts were stretched to fcuk. i wouldnt trust it. dont know if its the same story for sr20 tho. questionable wether you could get a cert with the stretched mounts aswell
mindgem
Regular

Post by mindgem »

Fronts are 185/70/14 and rears 215/70/14, had the raise the back some with the bigger tyres because it was wayyy too close and would have ended up being the end of new tyres as soon as i hit a bump :lol:

received my H190 the other day too, already changed the axle oil seals and got some nice new oil for it. Just need to get some new shoes and brake cylinders and should bolt straight in (i hope) i did some dodgy measurements and they seem about the same haha.

Yeah, seems like putting in SR mounts to my x-member seems the best option luckily i work at lyttelton engineering atm and can probably get one of the qualified welders to give me a hand with it so it'll actually be able to get cert.
sssx
Regular

Post by sssx »

185/60s all round would be the go :thumbsup:

ha lyttelton engineering I rang them the other day enquiring about steam pipe bends guy I was talking to was a g.c
random bit of info I just found out z18et xmembers appear to be the same as those series 3 ones. I had a ca18det sitting on a z18et xmember in my garage mounts wer the exact same angle between ca engine and z18et xmember. could be worth looking in to as it seems that ca and sr both prety much bolt onto the series 3 xmember, just need mounts spacing out from the block and holes slotted where the rubber mount bolts onto the xmember
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

ive got 185/55/14 on my rims and they look really good with the lower side wall. how much has this been lowered?
mindgem
Regular

Post by mindgem »

hmm i didnt even know it was possible to get 55 profile 14" tyres, the guys at the tyre shop said they arent used much anymore and are harder to find he said he was suprised that i came in with 215 14s lol.

it has cobra lowering springs front with original struts so its body roll city and had 1.5" blocks in the rear but i have cut them down to under an inch now cause it was wayyy too low and the flange which my d/shaft and diff connected was hitting the floor almost 24/7 which resulted in this:
P9200003.JPG
hexagon shaped nuts :lol:

fitted my R31 hubs today and took my brake hoses off to be taken to safe R brakes and get some new ones made up so ill actually be able to stop again,
just need to save some funds to get a SR and gbox then try to source a x member to suit.

oh yeah forgot to mention i put my H190 in on friday,
just a pic of when i had them both out together
IMG007.jpg
painted the drums red so you know its real fast :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
z181200
Datsun Mad

Post by z181200 »

You can get 40 profile 14s! Looking good mate!
sssx
Regular

Post by sssx »

you could use a silvia xmember like this guy. would be easy enough to find one
http://aussiebluebirds.com/index.php?topic=2115.15" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mindgem
Regular

Post by mindgem »

sssx wrote:you could use a silvia xmember like this guy. would be easy enough to find one
http://aussiebluebirds.com/index.php?topic=2115.15" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That thread helps a ton actually, one question.
What exactly is "crush tube" and why is it needed?

Also if I was to use a s13 x member would i need to use the s13 rack aswell?? dont really want to have to make it power steer
sssx
Regular

Post by sssx »

Im guessing its the tube in the chassis rail that the bolt that holds the xmember goes through. Its there so the chassis rail dosent get squashed when the bolt is tightened up. I guess the s13 steering rack would have to be used unless the 910 1 fitted onto the s13 xmember. Might be able to convert the s13 rack so its manual though