Nissan-Datsun Nationals - Hampton Downs - 20th Nov '10

MR1200
Datsun Nutter

Re: Nissan-Datsun Nationals - Hampton Downs - 20th Nov '10

Post by MR1200 »

Lulu wrote:Shane I think you should so I'm not a loner cause I'm so keen for this...If I do it properly I'll be swinging via hastings to see some of my relations too so if it was timed right we could convoy togeths?

Would it be better staying in Auckland or Hamilton? It's between the two right?
stay at mine im an hour an a bit frm da track its my brifdays as well so theres gonna b a piss up any ways and theres heaps of free camping around the farm just watch out 4 the goat!!!!
PAINT THE ROADS BLACK !!!!!
85_Z31
Datsun Master

Post by 85_Z31 »

For anybody who Hasn't been to Hampton downs in person it is absolutely AMAZING, I went there for the WRC weekend and it lived up to all expectations.

I have heard through the E30 series racing that its hard on brakes and tires being a longer circuit.

I am considering flying up to spectate, meet & Talk datsuns.

Hamilton is a cool place and its a good excuse for a weekend away
The Answer to your Question is NEEDS MORE VG30
510BRE
Area Reps
aka: shane

Post by 510BRE »

Lulu wrote:Shane I think you should so I'm not a loner cause I'm so keen for this...If I do it properly I'll be swinging via hastings to see some of my relations too so if it was timed right we could convoy togeths?

Would it be better staying in Auckland or Hamilton? It's between the two right?
hey lulu that sounds fine im thinkin i would trailer my car so youd have to keep up :poke: .........and yeah hampton between auck and hams
1972 r/h drive 2dr P510 sedan 98 sr20det in the build
1969 l/h drive 2dr PL510 sedan bre look alike
1972 r/h drive 4dr P510 sedan pretty standard
Lulu
Datsun Driver
aka: Lucinda

Post by Lulu »

Yeah I'm thinking of investing in a 5speed gearbox.... I don't know if I could hack Christchurch to Hamilton with my car revving its tits off at 110 lol...Pretty big journey, hopefully I can get my car done and time off work etc
acustx
Datsun Dreamer
aka: Greg

Post by acustx »

I have a spare bed or two that people can use if you need some where to stay. :highfive:
69' 510 Show car (well will be when its finished)
classicdat wrote:Steady progress beats periods of rapid progress broken up by dicussions with members of local Law inforcement :D
Mikewazowski
Financial Member
aka: Michael

Post by Mikewazowski »

I'll probably be staying with mates in Hamilton. If people get desperate for accomodation I can probably suss some floor space for a few if needed :lol:
datman310

Post by datman310 »

ill definitly be keen it the day after my birthday 2, wont enter my cars on track or in show, its not good enough for either lol but very keen to go up for a look
nzdatman
Financial Member

Post by nzdatman »

Sounds good I think I'll go depending on what's happening at work etc and I think a couple of the local datsun enthusiasts are keen to go too.
mungyz

Post by mungyz »

Hi Guys (n Gals)
I'm one of the key organisers for this event so thought I should join up & post updates etc for you as they come along :)

A couple of key points you might be interested in:

Transportation, we have arranged a discounted rate for attending cars via Car Haulaways so if you have a long way to travel or multiple cars, cars you don't want to/can't drive on the road we have that covered for minimal cost :D

Accommodation, Hampton Downs has some very nice apartments that are available at very fair rates, a heap of us will be staying at the venue seeing as we have drag racing at MereMere the following day.

Motul oil have put up $1000 in product as prizes for the event - most prizes will be given out as spot prizes or for the show n shine side of things. We are NOT encouraging competitive racing on the track ... although we all have a few mates we want to line up against on the straights aye :twisted:

Please feel free to be in contact if you have any questions.
Glenn.
Lulu
Datsun Driver
aka: Lucinda

Post by Lulu »

Oooh I might have to take up that offer if I can't get enough time off work haha.

What's the go with the show n shine- I'm definately keen to enter that...my car wouldnt' be track worthy....