Nick 1200 sedan Race car - Shit this things needs finishing

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
nick_m
Datsun Master
aka: Nick m

Re: Nick 1200 sedan

Post by nick_m »

Yeah it does look just i ity bit better ;)
nick_m
Datsun Master

Post by nick_m »

Some more rust repairs

The pictures are kind of crappy, I can't get the camera to work like I want it too, it is a piece of crap exclusively for use in the garage though....
Should have some more piccy's to update by the end of the weekend all going to plan.
nick_m
Datsun Master

Post by nick_m »

Didn't get as much done as I had hoped, I spent the morning sorting out my diff so thats at the diff shop now ready to get their special treatment so in the afternoon i did some more rust.
I did the patch on the other side under the dash and started looking at the boot floor.
The boot floor was quite badly pitted in the rusted corner (see pictures of when I got it) and because of the way it was constructed i decided it' be easier to replace the inner rear guard without the boot floor in the way, the boot floor had also rusted out under the bumper mount so i decided to cut it out.
I've made the patches for the boot floor and the inner guard but i'm not quite happy with the inner guard bit so i'm going to do it again, just need to get some more steel.
Anyway pictures

I'm not quite happy wth the curve that follows the rear valance, oh well that ones a practice one......
nick_m
Datsun Master

Post by nick_m »

Right People time for an update. I've been a bit slack with the update thing but I have been working on it.
As it is today the coilovers are finished the just need final welding and painting (still need to do front brakes as well) I was a bit sh1t I forgot to take pictures before I put them in, I'll snap off some pics once they come out again and get painted.
The $300 cert motor has been prettied up and plonked in the hole (still need to paint the manifold)
And new Mounts have been done and Steering Box has been rebuilt and just needs a lick of paint.
Anyway Piccies

Diff Hump (Sorry Dark Pictures)

Prettied up Motor

New Crossmember and mounts

Steering box in a millions bits.

Motor in Hole!

Intake Manifold on

Not much room for clutch master cylinder in there!

Coilovers are at the bottom of the adjustment and the wheel just sits inside the guard. I'll have to raise it from there as the wheels are pretty wide and it can't actually turn the whels
nick_m
Datsun Master

Post by nick_m »

Just thought i'd update this thread too
Started on my pedal box this weekend since the damn clutch master has no way in hell of fitting.
Its about half done, I've got the frame more or less done, just need to sort out the positioning of the cylinder mounts now and add a few more braces. Its going to be a heavy f%cker, alot heavy than the standard pressed steel jobbie thats for sure. I may have put in a bit more weld than was needed too but I figure I want it rigid as hell
Also if anyone has a dead clutch master cylinder that I can sacrifice the push rod out of that would be magic.
I'll post some pics of it soon,
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Post by datsunboy »

hey man....pics looking good!

I think I have a clutch master pushrod already sitting in my box of shit if you want it its yours......I'll have to check its still there tho lol
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!
Blair
Datsun Nutter

Post by Blair »

Very jealous of you......... Its pissing me off I cant do anything on old Monty these days.

BTW what diff are you using??
Bartman wrote:How can you tell if Blair is annoyed at someone? He's breathing. lol
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

love this car nick ,good work
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Post by datsunboy »

hmmm....seems like I must have thrown it out last time I tidied my shed out....
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!
nick_m
Datsun Master

Post by nick_m »

Thanks guys, I'm just loving that I actually have pictures to update now. It felt like so long of progressing at a snails pace.

Blair: The diff is a BW which if you ask Bart he'll tell you there crap. We'll see I guess. It cost me enough (I got burned on my diff) that I will run with it for a while and see how it goes.

Dan: Oh bugger, thats alright. I have a second hand clutch master I got for $15 I might just get a new clutch master and sacrifice that one :)